Windows Server Administrator REF#:
29782 CBS BUSINESS UNIT:
CBS Corporate JOB TYPE:
Full-Time Staff JOB SCHEDULE:
Full-Time JOB LOCATION:
Los Angeles, CA ABOUT US:
CBS Corporation (NYSE: CBS.A and CBS) is a mass media company that creates and distributes industry-leading content across a variety of platforms to audiences around the world. The Company has businesses with origins that date back to the dawn of the broadcasting age as well as new ventures that operate on the leading edge of media. CBS owns the most-watched television network in the U.S. and one of the world's largest libraries of entertainment content, making its brand - "the Eye" - one of the most recognized in business. The Company's operations span virtually every field of media and entertainment, including cable, publishing, local TV, film, outdoor advertising, and interactive and socially responsible media. CBS's businesses include CBS Television Network, The CW (a joint venture between CBS Corporation and Warner Bros. Entertainment), Showtime Networks, CBS Sports Network, TVGN (a joint venture between CBS Corporation and Lionsgate), Smithsonian Networks, Simon & Schuster, CBS Television Stations, CBS Television Studios, CBS Global Distribution Group (CBS Studios International and CBS Television Distribution), CBS Interactive, CBS Consumer Products, CBS Home Entertainment, CBS Films and CBS EcoMedia. DESCRIPTION:
This Windows Server Administrator will support the Windows environment in the NJ and CA data centers, across all supported business units.
- Support the Windows Server environment including activities such as provisioning, maintenance & troubleshooting of physical and virtual servers.
- Maintain the highest level of expertise in designated products and components of the Windows Server Operating System and associated hardware.
- Provide troubleshooting support and advanced analysis of requests within the Windows Server Environment.
- Own, track, and resolve Windows server (physical and virtual servers) trouble tickets, related incidents, and requests.
- Travel to CBS operated data centers to rack and cable new equipment, fix hardware related issues, and perform physical maintenance activities.
- Participate in on-call rotation; will require after-hours and occasional weekend work to implement patches, break/fix resolution, and/or perform systems maintenance.
- Prepare and maintain configuration documentation.
- Maintain infrastructure physical server equipment inventory and manage hardware life-cycle.
- Undergraduate degree in Information Systems or other technology related discipline - equivalent work experience acceptable.
- 3 - 5 years' experience as a Windows Server Administrator.
- Experience with client management tools such SCCM, Altiris, LANDesk, or BigFix.
- Experience with anti-virus/malware products at the enterprise server level such as Symantec, McAfee, etc.
- Experience in virtualization such as Hyper-V or VMware, which includes: clustering, VM migration, P2V/V2V, and add/modify/remove tasks.
- Experience in basic networking technologies which include VLANs, DMZs, switch/routers, firewall ACLs, DNS, DHCP.
- Familiarity with basic enterprise storage technologies including SAN/NAS, backups.
- Strong familiarity with server hardware, including configuration, break/fix, automated deployment, performance monitoring.
- Knowledge of installations for security patches, functional patches, and version upgrades.
- Ability to quickly obtain new knowledge of specific applications within the environment.
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to troubleshoot issues and provide resolution
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Demonstrate constant consideration of risks and impacts especially with regards to changes such as security patching (i.e. change management).
- Experience working within an ITIL-driven change management environment; familiarity with CCB/CAB policies and procedures.
- Scripting ability preferred (PowerShell, VBScript plus WMI extensions)
#MON EEO STATEMENT:
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled