Business Operational Concepts (BOC) is a recognized leader in providing Technical and Program Management Services, Information Technology, and Support.
BOC has enabled their Government and Commercial clients to achieve their organizational initiatives through the application of high quality, innovative, and cost effective professional services and solutions. We provide a positive working environment, with opportunities for advancement in our growing Federal sector workforce.
We offer an excellent compensation package which includes a generous salary, insurance (medical, dental, etc.), paid leave, 401k plan and more. We are committed to the diversity we bring to the marketplace and believe customer satisfaction comes first.
Business Operational Concepts (BOC) is currently seeking a Windows Server Infrastructure Administrator to work with our government client located in Washington, DC.
The ideal candidate will provide day-to-day operational services supporting server infrastructure, facilities, hardware, software, and systems. Handles routine aspects of server administration for Windows and VMware server environments which including monitoring of CPU/Disk, maintenance, troubleshooting, hardware/software installation, and system documentation
- Support development; operations and maintenance; engineering and architecture design; integration; and testing services of Windows Server Environment for physical and virtual servers.
- Perform ongoing maintenance and troubleshooting of servers and applications to ensure their ongoing availability, stability, and compliance with standards and security requirements
- Administer, run, and maintain Windows server infrastructure in production, dev and test environments.
- Strong ability to install, troubleshoot and deliver COTS and custom apps to end users using server infrastructure.
- Contribute to the design and implementation of disaster recovery plans for servers.
- Work ticket queues and document resolutions completely and accurately.
- Provides technology related recommendations, implementations and upgrades.
- Documents the enterprise server environment(s) and develops related documents as needed.
- Strong customer relations
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong Analytical Skills
- Excellent organization and planning skills
- Ability to understand and troubleshoot technical problems
- Hands on experience with vSphere systems administration and support including VMotion, HA, vCenter, storage migrations, and P2V migrations
- VMware ESXi 5.x
- Microsoft Windows Server (2008 & up)
- Microsoft Internet Information Services
- Microsoft SQL Server (2005 & up)
- Microsoft SharePoint
- Microsoft Active Directory, including group-policy
- Microsoft Hyper-V
- Microsoft System Center
- Microsoft Exchange Server
- Ipswitch MOVEit Managed File Transfer/SFTP (or similar solution)
- BeyondTrust PowerBroker (or similar solution)
- Backup and disaster recovery technologies
- File and Print services
- Anti-Virus implementation and monitoring
- CCIE level
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field; or equivalent post high school education, military and/or work related experience.
- Minimum of 5+ years of Server IT support/administration experience.
- ITIL V3 foundations certification preferred (Not Required).
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE) preferred (Not Required)
- Comptia Server
- CCIE level
Public Trust or the ability to obtain and maintain a Public Trust clearance. (Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Accordingly, U.S. Citizenship is required.)