Company Description Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Are you interested in joining some of the brightest talent in the world to strengthen the United States' security? Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where our employees apply their expertise to create solutions for BIG ideas that make our world a better place.
We are committed to a diverse and equitable workforce with an inclusive culture that values and celebrates the diversity of our people, talents, ideas, experiences, and perspectives. This is essential to innovation and creativity for continued success of the Laboratory's mission. Job Description
We have an opening for a Windows Software Developer to support a variety of software development assignments. You will work in a dynamic, multi-disciplinary team environment focusing on tool development and automation for Microsoft technologies. This position is in the Information Technology Solutions Division (ITSD) within the Computing Directorate in support of the Livermore Information Technology (LivIT) Workforce Enablement Team.
This position will be filled at eitherlevel based on knowledge and related experience as assessed by the hiring team. Additional job responsibilities (outlined below) will be assigned if hired at the higher level.In this roleyou will
Additional job responsibilities, at the SES.3 level
- Employ moderately complex software engineering methods to gather functional requirements, provide input and status for project tracking, conduct systems analysis, prototype using appropriate tools, and follow proven software and quality assurance methodologies.
- Design, build and maintain a variety of broadly defined technologies and development techniques working with team members.
- Provide knowledge sharing/mentoring with team members to implement system enhancements.
- Buy-vs-build analysis and support selection, deployment and integration of COTS packages in collaboration with management, customers and team members.
- Mentor team members on software engineering methods, code design, and development.
- Contribute to the fulfillment of technical projects and organizational objectives functioning as an effective team member on multi-disciplinary teams.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Manage multiple advanced parallel tasks and priorities of customers and stakeholders, ensuring deadlines are met, while leveraging team member's skills.
- Design, implement, deploy, and maintain software systems using object-oriented analysis, design, and programming techniques.
- Develop tools and procedures to improve monitoring infrastructures services and automate various complex tasks.
Additional qualifications at the SES.3 level
- Ability to secure and maintain a U.S. DOE Q-level security clearance which requires U.S. citizenship
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field, or the equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience with object-oriented programming in high-level languages such as C#, C++, or Java.
- Knowledge and experience with relational database design and techniques, object-oriented database design and development methodologies, and ability to understand the benefits and liabilities of various design patterns.
- Experience with source code control systems such as Team Foundation Server, Visual Studio Team Services, Git, Maven, or Subversion.
- Broad experience with IDE such as Visual Studio, IntelliJ, or Eclipse.
- Proficient interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills necessary to effectively collaborate as part of a cohesive development team working with multiple customers and organizations simultaneously with time constraints and present and explain technical information to others.
Qualifications We Desire
- Advanced knowledge and significant experience in designing, implementing, deploying, and maintaining software systems using object-oriented analysis, design, and programming techniques.
- Advanced ability to provide innovative approaches and apply new technologies to broadly defined tasks and projects.
- Effective analytical and problem-solving skills for complex problems.
- Experience supporting/integrating Microsoft applications, such as Active Directory, MS PKI, Azure or Office 365.
- Experience with cloud platforms such as Azure or AWS.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.Position Information
This is a Flexible Term appointment, which is for a definite period not to exceed six years. Why Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory?
- Included in 2022Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
- Work for a premier innovative national Laboratory
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Flexible schedules (*depending on project needs)
- Collaborative, creative, inclusive, and fun team environment
Learn more about our company, selection process, position types and security clearances by visiting our Careersite . COVID-19 Vaccination Mandate
LLNL demonstrates its commitment to public safety by requiring that all new Laboratory employees be immunized against COVID-19 unless granted an accommodation under applicable state or federal law. This requirement will apply to all new hires including those who will be working on site, as well as those who will be teleworking. Security Clearance
This position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level clearance.If you are selected, wewill initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if youmeet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. Q-level clearance requires U.S. citizenship.For additional information, please see DOE Order 472.2 . Pre-Employment Drug Test
External applicant(s) selected for this position will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor. Equal Employment Opportunity
LLNL is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer that values and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please submit a request via our online form . CaliforniaPrivacy Notice
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) grants privacy rights to all California residents. The law also entitlesjob applicants, employees, and non-employee workers to be notified of what personal information LLNL collects and for what purpose. The Employee Privacy Notice can be accessed here . Videos To Watch