KeyLogic is currently looking for a Windows Support Technician (End User Support Specialist II) to support an IT Managed Services program for the Department of Energy at Sandia National Laboratories (SNL). This position can be onsite in Albuquerque, NM or it can be permanent remote.
Must be a U.S. Citizen and be eligible to obtain and maintain a government security clearance throughout the life of the contract. Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to start date.
The overall program includes a 500+ work force performing Enterprise IT support, Service Desk, and Telecommunications support across multiple facilities and locations. The Windows Support Technician will provide Specialized Linux/Classified Review of computer systems in terms of machine capabilities and man-machine interface. Prepare reports and studies concerning hardware. Prepare functional requirements and specifications for hardware acquisitions. Ensure that problems have been properly identified and solutions will satisfy the user’s requirements.
- Provide prompt initial response to all assigned service requests, ensuring the standard performance requirement is met-or-exceeded.
- Troubleshoot the system problem & complete repair in a timely & efficient manner, insuring minimal recurrence of problem (rework)
- If unable to repair on initial visit, validate the user’s problem & provide information on a temporary work around, if necessary, to allow the customer to continue to work, until the system is repaired.
- Effectively use remote assistant tools, knowledge base, & other tools to diagnose as appropriate & wherever available in the repair customer issues within target time limits
- Provide the customer with regular communication regarding status of repair/install including notification when repairs are complete.
- Communicate with customer appropriate advice & techniques to avoid future incidents of a similar nature.
- Appropriately document all required information into the call tracking system.
- Ensure system is appropriately secured (case is locked, system password protected, etc.).
- Complete site specific, preventative maintenance checklist.
- If needed, escalate the service request to the appropriate IT support for resolution if problem cannot be handled within provided time constraints.
- Meet required productivity expectations, including Field Service Team metrics.
- Meet or exceed all performance service level targets
- Make every attempt, when appropriate, to resolve service requests remotely.
- Partner with team members to communicate new solutions and assist other technicians when call volume is low.
- Contribute to the knowledgebase (KB) through research of articles, training courses attended, on the job learning, etc.
- Participate in IT projects.
- Strive to achieve & maintain knowledge of all applicable site procedures.
- Exercise appropriate workflow & time management.
- Associates degree or Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related.
- IT Certifications to include CompTia, Microsoft or Apple Certifications.
- Possess 2+ years of demonstrated PC support, diagnostic/troubleshooting & repair experience, including a solid working knowledge of PC operations including hardware, operating systems and network settings.
- Possess proven experience of having provided the highest quality of customer service in a fast-paced IT service environment.
- Possess experience with equipment & software installation & upgrades
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Must be eligible to obtain a DOE Q or L level government security clearance and the ability to maintain clearance throughout the life of the contract.
- Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to start date.
Encantado Technical Solutions (ETS) is an unpopulated Small Business Administration-approved mentor-protégé joint venture between Edgewater Federal Solutions, Inc. and ECS Federal, LLC. ETS is bolstered by second-tier subcontractors KeyLogic and Amentum. ETS provides comprehensive enterprise and mission-embedded IT support for the $400 - $700 million Third-Party Telecommunications and Information Technology Support Services contract at Sandia National Laboratories. ETS is currently recruiting for a variety of cleared and uncleared IT positions with on-site and remote opportunities in New Mexico and California. As ETS is unpopulated, employees will work for one of the four companies listed above.
KeyLogic is proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.