Meridian Cooperative is looking for a Windows Systems Administrator III to join the Technical Services team.
The company was formed in 1976 by a group of Electric Membership Cooperatives with a vision for a single enterprise solution provider to serve data processing, IT, and operational needs to cooperatives, public utility districts, and municipal utilities. Through carefully curated acquisitions and partnerships, our company has unified multiple leading-edge companies under its umbrella in order to truly execute that vision. Today, the Meridian Co-op Suite serves over 500 utilities across the country with industry leading enterprise software solutions.
The Windows Systems Administrator III, using high level expertise, ensures all external and internal customers' production systems operate at peak efficiency and maximum uptime. This role builds, deploys and configures internal systems for other departments. The Windows System Administrator III also addresses, responds and resolves all customer support requests that fall outside the scope of other external support departments.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Communicates and effectively assists customers using phone, email and the CRM. Assesses and resolves technical issues between our applications and customer environments.
- Takes ownership of customers' configurations for edge firewall, IPS/IDS, internal firewall, software firewall and AV configurations.
- Proactively addresses and monitors Windows server events to minimize and eliminate server performance degradation.
- Reviews and updates procedural documentation for new environment variables and new iterations of third-party software.
- Trains, assists and guides employees through our server administration toolkit, various configuration procedures, unique customer environments, and external customer infrastructures.
- Monitors and ensures that all customers successfully perform daily backups of their production databases. Assists and guides customers through virtual environment creation, configuration and maintenance including virtual host/guest configurations and corresponding SAN/LUN association and configuration
- Diagnoses hardware failures and ensures that hardware warranties are honored and respective replacements are completed.
- 5 - 6 years’ experience
- Bachelor's Degree; equivalent professional experience may be considered for substitution for the required degree on an exception basis
- Server/Network support experience
- Thorough understanding of Windows Server operating systems in an enterprise environment
- Perspective and experience with enterprise infrastructure and technology inter-dependencies
- Knowledge of Network monitoring utilities knowledge
- Understanding of network topology
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications
- Working knowledge of virtualization technologies. VMware, HyperV, RHEV experience is a plus
- Knowledge of storage administration
- Knowledge of SonicWALL firewalls is a plus
- Powershell Scripting experience
- Advanced operating specific certifications or willingness to get advanced operating specific certifications
- VCA or VCP, and CCNA or CCNP a plus
Guided by our Vision 2025 strategy, our leaders have developed 5 stretch goals to achieve a best-in-class organization for our members, customers, and employees.
It is a priority that our future team member embraces these goals and demonstrate the behaviors to guide the company to realize success:
- Act as One Unified Company
- Put Our Members/Customers First in All We Do
- Be Known for Our Innovative Products and People
- Grow our Reputation and Market Share
- Compete on Culture