- provides information technology (IT), information assurance (IA), and visual communication services to government and commercial customers worldwide - is hiring a full-time Windows System Administrator
at its Columbia, MD
Founded in 1987, IMG is a leading small business that exemplifies competence, integrity and follow-through. We consistently provide customer focused professional services, which ensures our company is recognized for continually exceeding expectations. We believe that at the core of our success stand our people. Our people have provided professional services in the Information Technology field for our customers with a commitment to customer satisfaction for over 30 years.Responsibilities
The Windows System Administrator will be responsible for administrating day-to-day IT systems to include system availability, backup/restore, configuration changes, maintaining and patching both physical and virtual.
- Installs new software releases, system upgrades, evaluates and installs patches and resolves software related problems.
- Sectionalizes trouble between hardware and software. Performs system backups and recovery, possibly using non-standard tools and methods.
- Maintains data files and monitors system configuration to ensure data integrity.
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field.
- Relies on limited experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Provides 2nd and 3rd Tier support, coordinating timely resolution of problems related to computing hardware and software.
- Involves consulting with clients, hardware and software vendors, application programmers and the networking (WAN/LAN) support groups.
- Includes direct technical support for all products delivered in this 7x24 hour environment.
- Responsible for monitoring and responding to technical hardware and software problems utilizing a variety of testing tools and techniques for desktop, servers, LAN/WAN, voice or video networks.
- Performs capacity planning, system administration, system tuning, problem analysis and hardware/software upgrades.
- Develops administrative policies, documentation and procedures to ensure that assets are properly maintained and operated.
- May install and configure workstations, servers, printers, and data, voice or video network components.
- Performs testing and establishes system acceptance criteria on current and new hardware and software.
- Develops local administrative policies and procedures to ensure database and system integrity.
- Conducts meetings with the clients and other support groups to establish critical dates and LAN and client/server requirements, determines training needs and develops system administration guidelines tailored to the work environment.
- Coordinates the delivery and staging of client/server hardware and software including Ethernet wiring for the workstation and file server platforms.
- Configures and builds the server hardware and network interfaces to meet client and vendor technical specifications.
- Completes documentation needed for inventory and installation planning.
- Builds client profiles and system configurations for software distribution equipment.
- Responds to system alerts and engages in troubleshooting and problem resolution
TS/SCI prior to considerationAdditional Requirements to be obtained:
Full Scope polygraph is required upon startingBaseline Certification:
An IAT level II baseline certification as defined by DoD 8570.01-M is required. Education/Years of Experience:
Ten (10) years of experience as an SA in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity are required. Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Assurance, Information Security System Engineering, or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required. IMG COMPANY BENEFITS
Information Management Group, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Short term and long term disability insurance
- 401(k) with generous company match
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) and Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
- 20 days of personal leave plus paid federal holidays
- Professional development and training assistance