TCI has an immediate need for a Windows System Admin at Fort Knox, KY. This is not a Corp2Corp opportunity. This is a long term contract opportunity with the probability of becoming permanent. . In addition to competitive, market-rate based pay, TCI provides all our Consultants with Comprehensive Medical/Dental Insurance, 401k, Life Insurance and Long Term Disability benefits.
Please note that this position requires US Citizenship due to the DoD Security Clearance requirement.
The Windows Systems Administrator will be responsible for providing comprehensive Windows administration in an enterprise environment. Must be able to install, configure, troubleshoot, maintain, upgrade and document all aspects of the of the Windows architecture. Must be able to perform optimization and performance testing, provide technical support for incident response and reporting and provide on-call support as needed. Must be able to implement and maintain a secure Windows server environment in compliance with all IA and DoD STIG guidelines.
- Responsible for providing comprehensive datacenter administration in an enterprise environment.
- Must be able to install, configure, troubleshoot, maintain, upgrade and document all aspects of the of the Datacenter architecture.
- Must be able to perform optimization and performance testing, provide technical support for incident response and reporting and provide on-call support as needed.
- Ability to troubleshoot problems, work as both a team and/or as a self-directed individual, client-facing experience, self-disciplined and ability to multi-task
- Ability to train other team members on the applications, proper procedures, problem isolation
- Must be able to implement and maintain a secure Datacenter environment in compliance with all IA and DoD STIG guidelines.
- Five years of technical experience administering Windows systems in an Enterprise environment. Experience in deploying complex business applications is required.
- Experience as Systems Administrator for Windows 2008R2 required and/or 2012R2 preferred
- Experience with VMware, Thin Client and VDI
- Assist in implementing web based applications on Microsoft Windows 2003 servers
- Create business continuity documentation for WebSphere environment, Microsoft Windows 2003 and Windows 2008 server environment.
- Manage hardware on Windows 2003/2008/2012 virtual machines including processors, memory, network adapters.
- Completed Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related field. Four years of additional general experience may be substituted for a Bachelor's Degree.
- Knowledge of ISO/ITIL processes and documentation standards is desired
- Must possess a Secret Security Clearance or have the ability to obtain one prior to start. TCI will assist with obtaining or transferring Security Clearances.
- Criminal History Background and Drug Screen will be part of the Security Clearance process.
- All contractors must have a CompTIA Security+ Certification or the ability to obtain one prior to start. TCI will assist with this as necessary.
- A secondary related certification relevant to the computing environment is required.
- Must be enrolled in CompTIA s Continuing Education program.