Ready to make an impact? If so, please read on!
GEICO's Server Engineering & Virtualization (SEV) team is looking for an experienced, self-motivated Windows System Engineer to provide production support to GEICO's on premise server infrastructure. Candidates must be highly organized; service-delivery oriented, and has a solid background in systems administration, automation, and technical writing. You will Support 5,000+ physical and virtual Window Servers across geographically disperse data centers. You will work with application teams to gather requirements and architect solutions. You will create process flows and procedures for multiple teams use. You will document, plan and implements new technologies. You will support Cisco UCS and HP ProLiant Bladesystem. You will provide 24x7 on call, productions support.
Would you like to join this innovative team? If so, do you meet these qualifications?
* Experience with Microsoft Windows Server installation, configuration, and management
* Understanding of basic LDAP fundamentals and Active Directory management
* Understanding of basic networking concepts (e.g. DNS, DHCP, LAN/WAN, TCP/IP, CIDR, etc.)
* Understanding of basic security and regulatory standards (e.g. PCI DSS, SOX, etc.)
* Excellent organization, communication, and project management skills
* Experience with VMware ESXi Server installation, configuration, and management
* Experience with HP ProLiant and Cisco UCS technologies
* Experience with automation, workflow, and orchestration
* Understanding of basic Fibre Channel SAN and enterprise storage technologies (e.g. LUN masking, zoning, etc.)
* Knowledge of VMware vCenter, Microsoft Virtual Machine Manager, Microsoft Hyper-V, and Windows Failover Clustering
* Knowledge of VMware Orchestrator, Microsoft Orchestrator, and Puppet
* Knowledge of HP iLO, Cisco UCS Manager, and Cisco UCS Central
* Knowledge of PowerShell scripting and Microsoft .NET programming (e.g. C#, Visual Basic, ASP, etc.)
* Industry certifications (e.g. Microsoft, VMware, Cisco, etc.) are a plus
For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation's largest and fastest-growing auto insurers thanks to our low rates, outstanding service and clever marketing. We're an industry leader employing thousands of dedicated and hard-working associates. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, we offer associates training and career advancement in a financially stable and rewarding workplace.
Our associates' quality of life is important to us. Full-time GEICO associates are offered a comprehensive Total Rewards Program*, including:
* Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
GEICO is an equal opportunity employer. GEICO conducts drug screens and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers.
Click "Apply for Job" to complete your application. You will need an active email address and phone number. Please upload your resume, preferably as Word .doc files or PDF. Once you begin your application you can save it and access it later. Your application should include any work and/or internship experience from at least the past five years.