IT Concepts (ITC) is an 8(a) SDVOSB founded on the concepts of customer-centric, driven to deliver, teamwork, integrity, and innovation. Founded in 2003, ITC was established with a simple yet important promise to “deliver solutions that work”. As we continue to grow in the support of our government customers, we are looking for driven and innovative individuals to join our team.
IT Concepts is looking for an experienced Systems/Network Administrator to support our engagement with our federal agency customer.
As a Systems/Network Administrator, you will provide ongoing technical services supporting multiple Data Center facilities.
Candidate will support the following activities:
- Support and automated management monitoring for Data Center Optimization Incentive (DCOI), including functions and operation activities.
- Support and automated management monitoring for WINS/UNIX hardware, virtual, and enterprise application systems.
- Plan, install, configure, upgrade and optimize hardware and software for WINS/UNIX systems in support of application and back-end infrastructure.
- Plan, install, configure and optimize hardware, software, and procedures for information technology systems and architectural activities, including hardware and software for multiple Data Center facilities.
- Conduct technical support for system monitoring infrastructure to management, operations, and engineering.
- Ensure the overall health of any primary application and back-end infrastructure is being monitored.
- Respond to alerts generated by monitoring infrastructure tools, and assist with managing and developing automated alerts.
- Routinely identify, measure, and evaluate performance of the primary application and back-end infrastructure as required by respective Administrators
- Provide an automated means for administrations to proactively isolate and rectify issues in an expected manner through web applications.
- Analyze and resolve problems utilizing the customer's change reporting system and primary application change reporting system for problem tracking and reporting. (Problem analysis and resolution may require direct contact with customers, software, and hardware vendors to diagnose and resolve problems).
- Track Monitoring Application status reporting and provisions for new requirements as they arise.
- Proactively isolate and rectify issues of the primary application and back-end infrastructure.
- Participate in conference calls, meetings, and testing activities related to the support and maintenance of Infrastructure Management, Monitoring, and Support environment.
- Provide recommendations for performance sizing and tuning of WINS/UNIX software applications to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure.
- Follow the System Life Cycle to the final configuration in Development/Testing and Staging/Integration prior to the systems moving into production.
- Managed Infrastructure Management, Monitoring, and Support Inventory database, DCVI Cloud Automation Portal, and SharePoint.
- Familiarity with common database server technologies, such as MS SQL Server and MySQL.
- Monitor ongoing security model compliance on WINS/UNIX systems, applications, and data in accordance with customer Information Security Policy (ISP).
- Evaluate configurations, vulnerabilities, and risks in relation to customer security model and industry standards.
- Develop and/or modify operational support guides for customer Infrastructure Management, Monitoring, and Support onsite staff. (The customer Task Manager provides requirements for documents and responsible technical personnel provide input and review of these guides.)
- Place and maintain documents on customer Intranet for easy access at the Infrastructure Management, Monitoring, and Support sites for the technical support staff. (The customer Task Manager provides methodology for document content and format.)
- Ensure primary and secondary systems are constantly available and health reports generated
- Provide on-the-job training and knowledge transfer to Windows administrators who will be installing and supporting Infrastructure Management, Monitoring, and Support hardware/software. Attend seminars, conferences, presentations, and training classes directly related to the initiatives and projects supported by the customer. If training is limited, the attendees are required to transfer the knowledge obtained to the rest of the team.
- Full-time support is required within a flexible band of 6AM to 6PM, Monday through Friday, and may include Federal Holidays
- Off-hour and weekend remote (on-call) support is required.
- The contractor shall work off-hour and weekend remote (On-call) support on a weekly rotation.
- The contractor may work off-hour and weekend remote application install/patches/upgrades/releases on a periodic/ad-hoc basis.
- Bachelor's or higher degree in an IT-related field
- 8 or more years of experience, with 3-5 years of experience in managing large-scale computing environment running multiple platforms
- Must have one or more of the following Certifications (or current equivalent):
- Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management (ITIL) v3
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA): Windows 10
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MSCE): Enterprise Devices and Apps
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA): Windows Server 2012 or higher
- CompTIA A+ Certified Professional
- Comp TIA Network+ Certified Professional
- Founded in 2003, IT Concepts was established with a simple yet important promise to “deliver technology concepts that work.” This founding principle, which permeates throughout our team and company culture, has propelled ITC to the upper echelons of the industry. With award-winning services and unflinching dedication to country and clients, ITC remains committed to teamwork, innovation, and collaboration.
- We’re an SBA 8(a) and CVE-certified Service-Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business focused on providing best in class IT Services, Management Consulting, and Data Services Solutions to our clients.
- We’re ISO 27001:2013, ISO 20000-1:2011, and ISO 9001:2015 certified and have CMMI DEV and SVC ML3 ratings
- We’ve been named part of: Inc 5000’s Fastest Growing Private Companies in 2016, 2018, 2020, and 2021; Washington Business Journal’s Fastest Growing Companies in 2015, 2016, 2017, and 2019; Washington Business Journal’s Best Places to Work in 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2019.
- We offer great benefits – Competitive Paid Time Off, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Identity Protection, Pet Insurance, 401(k) with company matching.
- We invest in our employees – Every employee is provided with a stipend to invest in certifications, a master’s degree, or even a doctorate.
- We work hard; we play hard -Nationals Games, Happy Hours, Holiday events, philanthropic endeavors, etc…at ITC we enjoy working together but also take time to connect with each other and our community through various events and activities.
IT Concepts is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer. As such, any personnel decisions (hire, promotion, job status, etc.) on applicants and/or employees are based on merit, qualifications, competence and business needs, not on race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, genetic information of the employee or family member of the employee, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, or any other factor protected by federal, state or local law.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.