Apex Systems Inc., is immediately seeking a Windows Systems Admin (CSA 2)
who is a self-starter, highly organized, has a strong drive for quality, and eagerness to learn/grow. This position will support one of our highly-regarded clients in the government arena, and offer a strong upside for growth & stability within the organization.Client:
Enterprise Government Integrator Location:
Linthicum, MD Compensation:
Competitive based on years of relevant experience & education Clearance:
Able to maintain a DOD Secret clearanceDescription of Work:
- Install, configure, and maintain Active Directory, Exchange, and third party migration products for the duration of the contract
- Manage and support the Windows environment ensuring the security, integrity, and availability of authentication, authorization and LDAP related services to the enterprise environment.
- Administer and maintain a Windows-based server network, with a combination of physical and virtual servers; light on virtual.
- Install, configure, and troubleshoot group policy and administrative templates via Active Directory
- Install, configure, troubleshoot, and maintain server-based applications running on the network including Exchange, Active Directory Services, and Lync.
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of active components, resources and key processes.
- Reviewing system and directory services logs.
- Work with other engineers to upgrade current environment to more updated software & hardware (ie. Windows 2012 to 2019)
- Analyzes internal or external customer needs, and determines equipment and software requirements for solutions to problems by means of automated systems.
- Prepare security documentation for submission to regulatory agencies.
- Recommends and implements system enhancements that will improve the performance and reliability of the system including installing, upgrading/patching, monitoring, problem resolution, and configuration management
- Knowledge of RMF information system requirements to achieve ATO's.
- Troubleshoots network hardware and software failures and identifies root cause analysis.
- Active DOD Secret clearance
- Bachelor's Degree with 2+ years of relevant work experience, OR 1+ years and a Masters degree. Degree must be in a Software Engineering, Computer Sciences, Communication, Management Information Systems, or related field.
- 8570 IAT Level II Compliant; must have one of the following: Security+, CCNA Security, CCNP Security, CISSP, CISA, GCED, GCIH, SSCP, GSEC
- Minimum of 2+ years of experience within varying Windows systems/products including Active Directory
- Must have strong experience with Windows Server OS 2012 & 2016, or higher, as well as Windows 2010; to include building these servers from the ground up into production
- Must have hands-on experience configuring, installing, and/or maintaining a Virtualized environment
- Specific experience with VMware & VDI highly favorable
- Demonstrated experience being part of and/or helping lead large system upgrades/migrations.
- Experience supporting and doing basic troubleshooting Layer 2 network type of issues (vLAN, Port Security, VPN, Routers, Switches, WAN, etc...)
- Experience with Network monitoring tools such as Nessus, Retina, ACAS.
- Experience utilizing DISA STIGs and/or securing servers to DoD standards
- Experience working within a SCIF or Secure location in a DoD environment
- Experience in larger government contracts supporting Airforce or Navy
- Experience with large systems migrations
- Experience training junior team members
- Experience in virtualized environments spinning up/down VMs
- Any past Network Admin experience
- Experience with RHEL 7 or 8 or drive/want to learn
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at firstname.lastname@example.org