Windows Systems Admin (CSA 4)
If interested in applying for this position, please send a copy of your updated resume in a Work Document to Melissa at firstname.lastname@example.org
Seeking an individual who is a self-starter, highly organized, has a strong drive for quality, and eagerness to learn/grow. This position will support one of our highly-regarded clients in the government arena, and offer a strong upside for growth & stability within the organization.Client:
Enterprise Government Integrator Location:
Linthicum, MD Compensation:
Competitive based on years of relevant experience & education Clearance:
Able to maintain a DOD Secret clearanceDescription of Work:
- Install, configure, and maintain Active Directory, Exchange, and third party migration products for the duration of the contract
- Manage and support the Windows environment ensuring the security, integrity, and availability of authentication, authorization and LDAP related services to the enterprise environment.
- Administer and maintain a Windows-based server network, with a combination of physical and virtual servers
- Install, configure, and troubleshoot group policy and administrative templates via Active Directory
- Install, configure, troubleshoot, and maintain server-based applications running on the network including Exchange, Active Directory Services, and Lync.
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of active components, resources and key processes.
- Reviewing system and directory services logs.
- Work with other engineers to upgrade current environment to more updated software (i.e. Windows server 2016 to 2019)
- Analyzes internal or external customer needs, and determines equipment and software requirements for solutions to problems by means of automated systems.
- Prepare security documentation for submission to regulatory agencies.
- Recommends and implements system enhancements that will improve the performance and reliability of the system including installing, upgrading/patching, monitoring, problem resolution, and configuration management
- Knowledge & Experience with RMF information system requirements, and obtaining / maintaining ATO's.
- Troubleshoots network hardware and software failures and identifies root cause analysis.
- Active DOD Secret clearance w/ adjudicated PR in the past 5 years
- Bachelor's Degree with 9+ years of relevant work experience, OR Master's Degree and 6+ years of experience. Degree must be in a Software Engineering, Computer Sciences, Communication, Management Information Systems, or related field.
- 8570 IAT Level II Compliant; must have one of the following: Security+ CE, CCNA Security, CySA+, CND, SSCP
- Minimum of 6+ years of experience within varying Windows systems/products including Active Directory, Exchange, Lync, etc...
- Must have strong architecture/design, config, and implementation experience with Windows Server OS 2016 & 2019, as well as Win OS 2010 Desktop side; to include building/designing these environments from the ground up into production.
- Must have experience creating/editing/configuring GPO's within Active Directory.
- Must have hands-on experience configuring, installing, and/or maintaining a Virtualized environment utilizing VMware
- Demonstrated experience Leading and/or being an independent contributor for large system upgrades/migrations
- Basic hands on administrative experience with NAS & SAN storage devices; specifically NetApp.
- Experience supporting and doing basic troubleshooting Layer 2 network type of issues within CISCO switches/routers (vLAN, Port Security, VPN, Routers, Switches, WAN, etc...)
- Experience with Network monitoring tools such as Nessus, ACAS, Solarwinds
- Experience regularly doing/updating DISA STIGs (Security Technical Implementation Guide)
- Prior Lead level experience
- Experience training & mentoring junior team members
- Experience in larger government contracts supporting Airforce or Navy
- Experience with Veritas Backup Exec
- Experience with large systems migrations
- Experience with Linux RHEL server side
- Experience with High Performance Computing & Clustering
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at email@example.com