|Essential Duties Summary|
• Manage and take responsibility for the performance of the servers.
• Monitor the server activity and works with infrastructure staff to troubleshoot problems.
• Follow up on Systems related help requests to resolution.
• Conduct data backup for all servers and stores backup tapes at offsite location.
• Ensure smooth operations of computer room, such as A/C units operations, power requirements, and security access.
• With the help of the Director and other Systems Administrators, plans and manages the overall computer systems infrastructure and system servers; oversees and assists with systems application functions including updates and upgrades, backups, and security as well as the day-to-day operations of the email, Web services, applications, file and other servers, backup systems and storage arrays.
• Work with the Director and others to maintain and implement the processes, policies, and procedures for user account provisioning, ID management, authentication, and authorization for all systems, supervises the monitoring of access to network servers to detect inappropriate access.
• Research and tests new and emerging systems and server technologies; makes recommendations to the Associate Director.
• Document all IT systems policies and procedures and administers daily system maintenance procedures for the network.
• Develop and maintains positive working relationships with othercomputing and technology departments and communicates relevant information about systems and server status that impacts faculty, staff or students.
• Develop and recommends to the Director courses of action for upgrading current and proposed hardware systems.
• Perform related duties as assigned by the Associate Director of Systems or the Director of IT Infrastructure.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Excellent interpersonal, problem solving, and communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Ability to remain current with other emerging technologies that are necessary to administer systems.
• Ability to deal with sensitive information with confidentiality and tact.
• Flexibility to manage and incorporate change.
• Knowledge of other web servers, authentication and authorization tools, vertical applications, storage, backup and security technologies and trends as well as solid background in systems operations and integration.
Required Qualification Summary
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related technical field; or equivalent training and/or experience.
• Minimum two (2) years of experience in computer operations, systems administration, and user support.
• Strong programming or scripting background.
• Experience with installation, maintenance, and systems administration:
o For Windows Systems Administrator: Latest Windows Server operating systems, Active Directory, Microsoft SharePoint Server, Microsoft SQL Server, VMware vSphere.
• Scripting, preferably with PowerShell and/or Bash
• Familiarity with the concept of Infrastructure as code and DevOps.
You are comfortable collaborating with both business and technical audience.