Windows, Linux, VMWare, Security+IAT, System Administration, Patches, DoD Experience, Networking infrastructure
Telecommuting not availableTravel not required
Develops, tests, implements, and maintains operating system and related software. Responsibilities differ from those of an Operating Systems Programmer in that the Windows Systems Administrator is not responsible for altering operating system's software codes. Establishes and implements standards for computer operations for compatibility between hardware and software, according to specifications and parameters. Troubleshoots and resolves software, operating system, and networking problems. Schedules, performs, and monitors system backups and, when necessary, performs data recoveries.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
This role is an entry level position. Provides technical and operational support for the day to day operations of the windows/linux server infrastructure.
- Installs, configures, and troubleshoots operating systems and related software to ensure application servers are built and maintained to meet business service levels
- Responsible for monitoring systems operations efficiencies through the use of automation and configuration of infrastructure management tools.
- Provides support on the planning and implementation of all required preventative and reactive maintenance activities such as Windows updates, patches etc.
- Provides support on adding/removing users from network, resetting passwords.
- Updates operations documentation, and documents installation instructions Installs, configures, and troubleshoots operating systems and related software to ensure application servers are built and maintained.
- Monitors Licensing and Support Contracts on current systems procuring hardware/software to support the shared project infrastructure.
Minimum 1 years of experience on Windows environments.
Security+ IAT Certification required
Working knowledge of VMware (VMware5.1) and virtualization and Network Hardware.
Bachelors degree in a technical area
Certification or prior experience in System Administration