Peraton is a critical partner to the Intelligence Community, Department of Defense, and select federal agencies and commercial entities, providing innovative, reliable solutions to the nation's most sensitive and mission-critical programs and systems. We are recognized as a trusted provider of highly differentiated space, intelligence, cyber, defense, homeland security, and communications capabilities. Our scientific discovery and research empower our employees and help our government keep America and our allies secure. All of this is possible due to the human insight and ingenuity of our most important asset, our employees.
We have a compelling opportunity for a Windows Systems Administrator
in support of a unique WMA customer site. This position requires an active TS/SCI w/ Polygraph
- Responsible for Windows servers and the operating systems software and its successful integration with the hardware and applications software of the major computing systems across the organization.
- Responsible for installation and maintenance of the Windows-based CWE operating configurations on all organization Windows servers and desktops and also serve as technical referent on engineering review boards considering all additions to or changes to the operating environment.
- Install and maintain the Windows-based CWE operating configurations on all organization NT servers and desktops.
- Troubleshoot problems that may involve applications and the network.
- Provide technical support to applications and utility developers on requirements for integration into the operating environment.
- Microsoft Active Directory (AD), Group Policy Objects (GPO) and network-related services, such as Domain Name Service (DNS), DHCP, etc.
- Windows Server 2012 and later.
- SSO implementation/infrastructure.
- Microsoft System Center suite of products.
- Analyzing and troubleshooting software application and network component issues.
- Performing technical evaluations of client computing software, hardware, and management solutions
- Operating systems installation, configuration, and maintenance on Windows servers and desktops.
- Developing automated and documented processes and procedures to simplify operational activities
- Scripting and orchestration: PowerShell, VB Scripts, and Ansible
- Managing software/patch deployment configurations for standard OS and applications, ensure patching compliance
- Developing design and operational documents for supported applications
- Providing technical support to applications and utility developers regarding integration into the operating environment.
- Collaborating with management, engineering, and internal customers
- Bachelor's degree in technical discipline or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 8 years of related experience
- TS/SCI w/ Polygraph
Sign on disclaimerSign-on Bonus Disclaimer: Candidates who receive and accept an offer may be eligible for a sign-on bonus up to $20,000 if hired into this role.Current Peraton employees transferring into one of these roles are not eligible to receive sign-on bonuses. Sign-on bonuses are not guaranteed and eligibility requirements apply. Payment terms will begin after first 90 days of employment are subject to applicable tax withholdings.
- MCSA Certifications
- Security Development Operations (SecDevOps)
- Knowledge of programming languages (i.e. Perl, Python).
- Familiarity with commercial application software (i.e. Apache, Tomcat).
- Familiarity with configuration management tools
- Automated system installation technologies
- Automated backup systems
- Virtual machine (VM) technologies (ESXi, VCenter, VSphere)
- NetApp Management
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux and CentOS
- CompTIA Security+ certification
- CISSP certification
- Azure Fundamentals
- AWS Solution Architect - Associate
Peraton drives missions of consequence spanning the globe and extending to the farthest reaches of the galaxy. As the world's leading mission capability integrator and transformative enterprise IT provider, we deliver trusted and highly differentiated national security solutions and technologies that keep people safe and secure. Peraton serves as a valued partner to essential government agencies across the intelligence, space, cyber, defense, civilian, health, and state and local markets. Every day, our 22,000 employees do the can't be done, solving the most daunting challenges facing our customers.We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local law.