This opportunity is not open to C2C relationships or visa sponsorship.
This is opportunity is for local candidates only.
The SRE Engineer will work to integrate multiple applications, leveraging APIs and Cloud Framework, to improve workflow and capability. Additionally, the Engineer will work within the IT department to provide service growth and support for Business-Intelligence and Development departments. The position will require close relationships with multiple business leaders and strong knowledge of internal workflow.
• Engage in and improve the whole lifecycle of services—from inception and design, through deployment, operation, and refinement.
• Maintain services once they are live by measuring and monitoring availability, latency and overall system health.
• Scale systems sustainably through mechanisms like automation, and evolve systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability and velocity.
• Provide Business-Intelligence team with design, configuration and implementation of infrastructure used to deliver applications and integrations.
• Assist with the design and integration of internal applications and toolsets.
• Assist with the design, coordination and review of building plans to ensure both business and IT requirements are met in regard to power, cooling, wireless infrastructure and coverage, drop count, drop medium.
• Provide networking support and troubleshooting on equipment leveraging advanced routing protocols.
• Manage life cycle of Internal IT Application stacks including the installation, deployment, and patching.
• Assist in developing a framework for continuous delivery and support for developers, as recommended by each department.
• Collaborate with the Development teams and leverage API’s to provide additional integrations between current and future application stacks.
• Assist with development and integration of new service offerings leveraging cloud providers to ensure application availability globally, when required.
• Leverage cloud providers to expand client offerings and services for customer-facing businesses.
• Maintain and test disaster recovery policies based on per-business RPO and RTO.
• Suggest solutions for Process Improvement and Infrastructure Architecture where observed.
• Work both independently and as part of a scalable team, think analytically, and identify the best-fit solution.
• Work thoroughly and accurately under time constraints and deadlines as needed.
• Read, analyze, and interpret technical documents and reports.
• Communicate effectively, both written and oral with co-workers and various business vendors in a courteous and professional manner.
• Minimum 5 years relevant experience in a systems administration role.
• Minimum 5 years experience with Enterprise Windows Server platforms.
• Minimum 1-year experience with Cloud Frameworks (AWS, Google Cloud Platform, Azure).
• Minimum 1-year experience with Configuration Management (Ansible, Chef, Salt, Puppet).
• Minimum 1-year experience with Docker containers in an enterprise environment.
• Strong experience implementing and supporting highly available, redundant Application environments is required.
• Strong Experience with Amazon Web Services is required.
• Experience with Virtual environments (KVM, VMWare).
• Experience with web-based applications (NGINX, IIS, Web services).
• Experience with three-tier architecture is a plus.
• Experience with Agile/Scrum methodologies is a plus.
• Experience with Databases/SQL preferred (Postgres, MSSQL, MYSQL, Dynamo) is a plus.
• Experience with Container Orchestration is a plus (Kubernetes, Docker Swarm, Rancher).
• Intermediate networking skills including firewall and switching
• Advanced virtualization and OS management
• Intermediate cloud and PaaS design and management
• Strong attention to detail.
• Very Strong problem solving & troubleshooting skills including the ability to perform root cause analysis for preventative analysis.
• Fluent with participating and/or executing the multiple stages of testing (i.e. Unit, System, Integration, Performance, Regression).
• Authoring and maintenance of technical documentation
• Capable of independently solving moderate to extremely complex problems.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills, including writing ability to update tickets with status and communicate daily /weekly status.
• Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage a diversified workload.
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively with all levels of operations and client services.
*Solü Technology Partners provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and
applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national
origin, age, disability or genetics.