St. Louis, MO Description:
Our client is currently seeking a Systems Engineer
who is a customer service oriented individual with a proven track record in engineering, implementing, and maintaining Datacenter systems and solutions to include Windows servers in a physical, virtual (VM Ware) and cloud environments.
The Engineer Systems should have extensive knowledge in Storage Area Network, Backup, and System Center Configuration Manage (SCCM) solutions. The Engineer Systems must be able to evaluate, recommend and support corporate policies and standard procedures for maintaining server backups, virtualization, monitoring, etc. The Engineer Systems will be responsible for security of Active Directory in a multi-site environment including hybrid cloud infrastructure.
This position will report to the Manager of Enterprise Network Services and will be part of a diverse team with the responsibility to provide all levels of support for the enterprise across multiple locations and two datacenters in a LAN/WAN environment. Responsibilities will also include assisting the Service desk to meet required service level agreements and participate in on call rotationsThis job will have the following responsibilities:
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Oversee day-to-day operations of Microsoft server and corresponding operating systems (in physical, virtual, and cloud environments) in a multi-site environment including ensuring optimal performance and resource availability. Supervise and/or perform routine server maintenance. Contribute to the definition of standards for areas of responsibility
- Evaluate / design new and existing servers, workstations, printers, and system software applications, and develops plans to install, patch, or upgrade these components for the company in keeping with company standards and policies in a team environment. Oversee installation, and ensure new and upgraded equipment and software is performing as expected post installation
- Engineer, configure, and maintain SCCM, Microsoft applications (including Outlook, Office, and Teams), etc. Oversee and manage work by vendors that perform these services
- Provide expert level troubleshooting to resolve server, workstation, printer, system software and other hardware or system software issues and implement solutions
- Lead the evaluation of new server and related technology opportunities which improve performance of overall environment for employee owners
- Contribute to the development of security standards for overall server environment to minimize intrusion opportunities for external and internal actors and ensure standards are followed
- Design, install, and maintain disaster recovery services and backups, including Veeam backup jobs and off line backup processes (Tape, disk, or cloud based storage) consistent with overall Disaster Recovery and Backup plan. Develop opportunities to change company DR plans to better ensure availability and recoverability of overall server and network environment
- Three years of experience in system administration with a Bachelor's degree
- Experience with building and supporting VMware technologies
- Experience with PowerShell
- Experience with Exchange, O365, Azure, SCCM will be considered a plus
- SAN and VEEAM experience will be considered a plus
- Microsoft, Cisco, and VMWare certifications will be considered a plus
- 3+ years' experience in server architecture and deployment (MIN)
- Machines, Tools, Equipment and Work Aids: Computer and related programs (MS Office environment, Word, Excel, Outlook, MS Access and MS Project nice to have, ERP), fax, copier, and other standard office equipment.
- Minimum qualifications are a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science (or a related degree) and 3 years of related experience.
- Alternate qualifications are 1) no degree, but greater than seven years network experience or 2) an Associates' Degree in Computer Science (or a related degree) and greater than 5 years network experience.
This job and many more are available through The Judge Group. Find us on the web at www.judge.com