Please note that this is a 5 months contract position.
"Performs system administrator duties in support of IVS development teams in a multiple-environment setting. Remotely supports middleware, SSL configuration, certificate management, operating system support, and software patching. Administers and performs deployments to Java Web/Application servers. Assists in the planning, creation and control of test environment(s). Troubleshoots the IVS Web-based application. Resolves trouble tickets. Monitors and verifies the health of the IVS environment, along with the IVS application and its various components. Prepares technical documentation related to system administration. Develops, updates and maintains quality testing standards and procedures.
"• 5+ years of Windows and Unix/Linux server administration experience, including remotely supporting middleware (WebSphere/Wildfly), SSL configuration, certificate management, Windows/Linux/Unix support and software patching;
• 3+ years of experience supporting multiple, concurrent development teams, as well as a customer with compartmented Engineering teams, in a multiple-environment setting;
• 3+ years of experience administering and performing deployments to Java Web/Application Servers such as WebSphere, Weblogic,Tomcat and/or Wildfly;
• 3+ years of experience troubleshooting Web-based applications;
• 3+ years of experience authoring technically accurate documentation and diagrams/charts for installation/operating procedures along with deployment and configuration instructions;
• 3+ years of experience writing complex queries to Oracle and SQL Server databases;
• Experience with installation/configuration of IIS;
• Experience with Control-M and batch job deployment;
• Sufficient networking background to be able to set up database connections and to understand firewall management;
• Working knowledge of relational database and client-server concepts;
• Sufficient background with Web-based architectures to understand the relationships between terms like VIPs and Web servers;
• Familiarity with formal change management processes used in Federal agencies;
• Experience with and/or working knowledge of CA Suite Products (e.g. CA Siteminder/WebAgent, CA API Gateway/Layer 7 and CA Identity Manager) is a plus;
• Experience with and/or working knowledge of Okta and 2-Factor Authentication is a plus;
• Knowledge of Windows scripting using PowerShell is a plus;
• Security and Database Administration background is a plus; and
• MS Office proficiency, particularly with Excel and Visio, is a plus.
Additional Required Skills/Experience
"• A minimum of five (5) years experience in software development or related field;
• A BS degree from an accredited College/University in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Information Systems, or similar computer or engineering field, or equivalent experience and/or professional certification is preferred;
• Able to perform all functional duties independently;
• Experience training/mentoring less experienced personnel;
• Proven ability to consult with business end users to identify current/improved operating procedures and to clarify program objectives;
• Proven ability to effectively troubleshoot remote users' issues over the phone;
• Ability to write documentation to describe program development, logic, coding, and corrections;
• Ability to develop, update and maintain quality testing standards and procedures;
• Proven ability to collaborate with or direct the work of others, along with the judgment to plan for and accomplish goals, are preferred;
• Ability to perform a variety of complicated tasks while displaying a wide degree of creativity in a dynamic environment is preferred;
• Ability to lead customer status meetings is preferred;
• Experience with Agile SDLC practices;
• Knowledge of/profieiency with the following:
•• VersionOne or Jira;
•• ServiceNow (IVS ticketing/tracking/collaboration tool);and
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills; and
• Able to obtain Postal clearance.
Applicants must provide their phone number. Reference job number A241.
San Francisco, CA, 94159Contact