DISH Wireless is building a next-gen 5G network to disrupt the wireless industry and fuel innovation in transportation, health care, education, sustainability, city management, and agriculture.
We're driven by curiosity, pride, adventure, and a desire to win - and we're looking for people with boundless energy, intelligence, and an overwhelming need to achieve. Join us as we embark on our greatest adventure of all.
Opportunity is here. We are DISH Wireless.
As part of the DISH Wireless Core Team, this Engineer will join the team of passionate engineers with start-up spirit to deploy and debug DISH's standalone 5G network. This team focuses on the deployment of our 5G core powered by Nokia and Mavenir. This team is an operational team working in a live production environment, utilizing CI/CD operations in order to test, debug, and deploy solutions live. This is a great opportunity for an individual to step on board a growing and financially strong start up.
Primary responsibilities fall into the following categories:
- Implement, integrate, and deploy new services and technology in a cutting edge technical environment to stand up our cloud native 5G Voice Core.
- Engage with vendor personnel at Nokia and Mavenir to set up new services and features as well as software upgrades.
- Partner with other Engineering teams by providing operational feedback on services in the planning, testing, and acceptance of new service & feature introduction of cloud native based voice solutions.
- Participates in knowledge transfer, documentation and information sharing while staying abreast of new technology/technical areas
A successful engineer will have the following:
- Master's degree in Telecommunications/Computer Engineering
- One to two years of experience working in the wireless industry with IMS/Core functions
- Experience or understanding of how cloud native software defined networks affect voice and core solutions deployed on a 5G Network.
- Strong technical/academic experience in any of the following:
- VoIP, WiFi Calling, UT interface, SMS, E911 and other IMS features over either LTE of 5G NR air interfaces
- Policy / Charging and QoS enforcement in packet data networks
- Offline / Online Charging architectures (such as PCRF Gx and Gy, interfaces)
- SIP, Diameter, and SBA interfaces
- Mobility, ISIM, P-I/S-CSCF, SBC, HSS/HLR, and UDR/UDM concepts
- Containerized microservices architecture
- Packet core functions: SMF / UPF / AMF / NRF / NSSF / PCF / UDM / AUSF / MME, SAEGW, SPGW, or ePDG.
- Detailed understanding of 3GPP specifications.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, under pressure, with strict deadlines, both as an individual contributor and team player
- Proven record of accomplishment in collegiate sports or academic extracurriculars.
Compensation: $74,520.00/Yr. - $116,955.00/Yr.
From versatile health perks to new career opportunities, check out our benefits on our careers website.
Employment is contingent on Successful completion of a pre-employment screen, which may include a drug test.