For over 25 years, many of the world’s leading firms have relied on Align as a trusted IT solution provider and a recognized center of excellence in IT advisory, infrastructure design and build services and delivery. We have a flawless track record of technical solution delivery and have established long-standing relationships and an impressive client list of both Global 1000 and SMB clients. We work across a diverse list of industries including financial services, life sciences (pharmaceutical and health care), retail, technology, media and telecommunications.
Align seeks a Wireless Network Engineer for our growing WorkPlace Technology solution. This person is required to have a solid understanding of core routing and switching design using recommended best practices. Candidates must also have an advanced level of experience with Cisco based wireless site survey, network design, and implementation. Solid Meraki or competing product experience, such as Aruba or Aerohive is required This is a great opportunity to work with best-in-class technology and work alongside a great team of passionate, knowledgeable engineers.
- The Wireless Network Engineer will be based out of our New York City office, but will be required to work regularly at client locations throughout the New York metropolitan area
- This is a full-time position offering a competitive compensation package consisting of a base salary, benefits, training, paid vacation and participation in a bonus plan
- Up to 25 percent travel may be required
- Work with clients to develop WiFi solutions to meet their specific requirements
- Plan and design WiFi networks and integrate them into client LAN and security environments
- Implement, test, handover, and maintain wireless LAN/WAN hardware and software
- Work independently or as part of a larger project team
- Perform predictive studies and passive post-install analysis to determine the optimal placement of WAPs and recommended settings to meet requirements for coverage, performance, capacity, and resiliency.
- Identify and troubleshoot hardware and software technical problems in (WiFi, LAN, and WAN)
- Monitor and control infrastructure performance in the areas of response, throughput, and availability
- Test LAN/WAN communications and routing products: Develop comprehensive test plans, execute tests, analyze results and present finding to client project teams
- Develop automated testing procedures
- Identify opportunities and recommend solutions for improving the efficiency and effectiveness of the WiFi network
- Maintain technical currency in WiFi, LAN, WAN, security and associated technologies
- Participate in various client projects intended to continually improve/upgrade telecommunications infrastructures
- Identify and communicate potential opportunities to the sales team when working on client projects
- Provide high quality content deliverables using the appropriate document templates
- Ensure solution is implemented as designed to the customer’s satisfaction and approval
- Bachelor’s degree in business, computer science, a related technical degree or equivalent experience
- Five years’ experience delivering complex technical solutions including planning, development, implementation and support
- Some consulting experience would be a plus
- Minimum of three years’ experience in network engineering, with some experience designing, planning and implementing LANs and WANs using the latest technology
- Advanced level of experience with Cisco based wireless site survey, network design, and implementation
- Solid Meraki or competing product experience, such as Aruba or Aerohive is required
- Ability to effectively communicate with clients
- Attention to detail on inventory and logistics is important
- Certifications: CWNE, CWNP, CWDP, CWSP and CWNA, CCNA, CCNP, or CCDP
- Expertise in Ekahau site surveying
- Familiarity with Air Magnet or other monitoring solutions is a plus
- Detailed knowledge of 802.11a/b/g/n/ac/ax
- Spectrum Analysis
- Software packages: Ekahau Site survey pro, Chanalyzer, Eye PA
- Vendor expertise: Cisco, Aruba , Meraki and Aerohive.
Align is a dynamic and flexible place to work, offering professionals unparalleled opportunities to train in the leading technologies, make an impact and control their own destinies. We give our professionals the autonomy to pursue business opportunities and manage assignments in ways that maximize their creativity and talents, leading to self-fulfillment, as well as financial rewards.