The Wireless Network Engineer III leads complex projects involving the planning, design, installation, and level 3 technical support of LAN/WAN data, voice and video information technology solutions with a focus on but not limited to Wireless strategies and compliance. The Wireless Network Engineer III makes decisions independently on Information Systems solutions, problems and methods. The knowledge and expertise required at this level of work usually results from progressive work experience in large enterprise or retail environments.
Leads the planning, evaluation, testing, selection, implementation and level 3 support of:
- Wireless, Diagnostic tool and infrastructure
- Device configuration and automation
- Compliance and security validation
The Wireless Network Engineer III mentors- junior engineers on Wireless technologies, standards, methodologies, and procedures. Leads development, implementation, and maintenance of standards and documentation. Participates in developing long-term strategic, capacity and performance planning objectives and goals. Participates in network infrastructure audit activities and provides evidence as required. Leads network infrastructure compliance and security remediation activities. Coordinates efforts to isolate and resolve network and security related issues. Participates in IT and corporate-lead initiatives. Researches new technology and evaluates viability to meet or exceed business requirements and goals.
Required Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent work experience.
- Seven years of planning, design, and implementation experience in wireless technologies in a large enterprise retail environment.
- Implementation and troubleshooting of 802.11a/b/g/n/ac technologies in indoor and outdoor environments, including mesh
- Multi-vendor implementation, testing, and troubleshooting experience with Extreme WiNG, Aruba, and Cisco wireless infrastructures across campus and distributed environments
- Experience with RF principles, design, and troubleshooting including antenna patterns, signal propagation, and RF calculations
Working knowledge of the following:
- Strong understanding of enterprise routing/switching.
- Strong understanding of general network security. Clear understanding of RADIUS and TACACS.
- Experience with network diagnostic and performance management tools and software.
- Knowledge of IPv4 and IPv6 network transport, routing, naming, addressing, and management protocols.
- Experience supporting the on-boarding and mobility in challenging environments of end devices, including VOIP using various 802.1x EAP types
Cisco Certifications (CCNP/CCDP Wireless)
Lowe's Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE- 50 home improvement company serving more than 18 million customers a week in the United States, Canada and Mexico. With fiscal year 2017 sales of $68.6 billion, Lowe's and its related businesses operate or service more than 2,390 home improvement and hardware stores and employ over 310,000 people. Founded in 1946 and based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe's supports the communities it serves through programs that focus on K-12 public education and community improvement projects. For more information, visit Lowes.com.