Please note this is a 5 month + contract position.
Job Family Summary
Provide overall program leadership and project management across functional teams comprised of video operations personnel. Plan, conduct, and facilitate work in adherence to standard project deliverables while ensuring financial objectives.
Required Skills (degrees, certifications, licenses etc.)
• Advanced Degree and 8+ years of related experience
• Project management experience in Video Engineering (Digital Television, VOD, SDV, IPTV, MPEG2, MPEG4, Video Compression, Digital Modulation)
• Project management, day-to-day coordination, metrics/tracking
• Collect notes/screen captures related to common troubleshooting issues and documenting knowledge base
Top 3 skill sets
• Strong communication skills
• Manage cost tracking to plan
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills to drive process improvement
Nice to have skills
• PMP or PgMP Certification
• Organized to document the best practices
The scope of this role requires a seasoned professional having wide-ranging experience and recognized as advanced individual contributor that uses professional concepts and company objectives to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways.
• Work is accomplished without considerable direction. Exerts significant latitude in determining objectives of assignment.
• Exercises judgment (within broadly defined policies and practices) in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
• Must have minimum 3 Years’ experience with all aspects of video system deployments along with HFC related programs as the technical or program lead.
• Must have working knowledge of the specific following technology areas:
o Video Headend, Operator/Administrator experience
o Headend equipment such as DAC, DNCS, CMTS, RADD, ARPD among others
o IP Networks Design and Troubleshooting
o Experience with Video Muliplexers, DVB Headend components
o Digital Television, VOD, SDV, IPTV
o MPEG2, MPEG4, Video Compression, Digital Modulation
o HFC network technology and optical networks
o Data Networking, TCP/IP, routing protocols
• Must have in-field experience with the specification, design and management of HFC video systems and delivery.
• Responsible for creation and adherence to program plan and budgets for large projects. Recommends corrective actions and implements changes.
• Identifies and mitigates risks; develops and implements risk mitigation plans.
• Actively work with Resource Manager to procure internal and external resources. Allocates project staff with the required competencies to meet the project objectives.
• Drives strategic relationships between internal and external teams. Resolves issues between internal and external groups.
• Responsible for direct communication to relevant senior stakeholders. Leads complex communications and negotiations with internal or external clients.
• Responsible for driving process improvement for large part(s) of project. Conducts project reviews through the life of the project.
• Drive process improvement(s) across department and business group.
• Perform other duties as required.
Required Education and Experience:
Typically requires an Advanced Degree and 3+ years of related experience.
Preferred Education and Experience:
• PMP or PgMP Certification
Additional Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Experience using Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project and other Windows applications.
• Experience in identifying project process improvements and tracking progress.
o Demonstrated ability to track resource utilization against plan.
o Ability to manage cost tracking to plan.
o Strong communication skills and experience engaging with executives as part of a defined governance structure.
o Strong change management expertise and ability to effectively implement and track this as part of a large and complex project.
o Ability to work collaboratively with other customer program manager (s) and experience in managing other project manager (s) who would be responsible for sub project tasks that comprise the larger program.
• Professional having wide-ranging experience, uses professional concepts and company objectives to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways.
• Ability to communicate effectively in both verbal and written form.
• Effective at working in team situations.
• Onsite in imbedded customer environment
• Light travel (less than 20%) to other company locations within North America
Required Physical/Visual/Hearing Abilities:
• No additional minimum physical, visual and/or hearing abilities required.
• Candidate must reside in Denver, CO
• Project management, day-to-day coordination, metrics/tracking, ensuring time cards are being properly entered
• Work with the resources to collect notes/screen captures related to common troubleshooting issues and documenting knowledge base around such resolutions to common problems. (Would be leveraging existing Customer systems/processes for data collection – not introducing new systems/tools)
• Provide overall program leadership and project management across functional teams comprised of video operations personnel. Plan, conduct, and facilitate work in adherence to standard project deliverables while ensuring financial objectives.
Please reference job number 1534.
San Francisco, CA, 94159Contact