Please note that this is a 6 months+ contract position.
The Product Manager will launch, forecast and support products that are part of client's Wi-Fi solution. This includes client-facing, Vendor-facing, and Customer-facing roles where the PM cultivates and grows market share and revenue. The Product Manager is expected to perform complex and time sensitive tasks, both strategic and tactical, with a high degree of skill based on their product knowledge, their knowledge of customer business models & market trends, competitive products and pricing, and knowledge of client systems and processes.
Top 3 Required Skills:
Ability to work globally with internal and external customers, vendors, internal teams
Self-starter with high degree of motivation who can operate with minimal supervision
Time management, spreadsheet, presentation, interpersonal and organizational skills.
Preferred but Not Required Skills
Wireless Industry experience desired
Carrier experience desired (i.e. employed by or SE for Telco, MSO, MNO, ISP)
Knowledge of and experience with Oracle, OBIEE, ERP, SFDC desired
Top 3 soft skill sets (Presentations, organization, culture fit, etc.)
Loves data, reports, and excel. Organized, good communicator, follows up and follows through. Knows how to boil down a lot of data into basic facts that drive business decisions.
Education level desired and years of experience :
Bachelor’s degree in Business/Marketing with related experience in the Cable/Telecom/Wireless industry
3+ years’ experience in product management/marketing
Skilled with Excel and Powerpoint
• Pricing Updates & MFN compliance for all Price lists: GPL, Liberty, ECPLs, Channel Partners
• Part #: Monthly new setups, maintenance, EOL notices
• Generate Reports: Daily sales/backlog, weekly QTR ‘To Go’ rev, monthly SFDC forecast, monthly POS w/ serials & rebates
• Inventory: Set safety stock, initiate ‘big bets’, allocate reserves for aging/EOL stock
• Trial Requests: For customers, client lab samples, support team & SEs
• Compliance Certs: Power Supplies & APs for all countries
• RMA & Warranty: Maintain RMA parts cross matrix
• SMART Reqs: Submit client reqs for vendor support payments, 3rd party cert testing, etc…
• New Vendor Setup: as new ecosystem partners are on-boarded
• License Portals: confirm & update portal names as customers merge/restructure… maintain procurement cheat sheet
• Pricing and Stocking: Negotiate global/customer/deal product pricing. Coordinate vendor safety stock and rotation terms
• Support & Entitlement: Confirm asset totals for support payments & review support quotes for accuracy
• Offers: Review for special pricing, terms
• Issue Tech Bulletins for EOL products & bugs
For consideration, please reference job number 1816.
San Francisco, CAContact