At DISH Wireless, we reimagine connectivity through new platforms, new business models and new ways of thinking.
Today, we are building America's first cloud-native 5G network to transform the way we live, work and play with unlimited potential. Our teams operate at the intersection of wireless, data analytics, AI and the cloud to create something state-of-the-art, radically original and truly unlike what anyone else can.What you will be doing
DISH Wireless is seeking an experienced team of Regulatory Engineers to drive the regulation efforts to ensure a successful deployment of Dish's 5G Wireless Network. The Regulated Services Team will provide a deeper understanding of Telecommunication networks and articulate the key traffic issues within network core and customer experience. Team members will have deep understanding of voice and Switched PSTN Voice Call Flows, and a full range of features and functions of network operations, including long distance/toll calling, international, E911, toll-free, CALEA, and related recommend network architecture, requirements and specifications for mobile voice traffic. Team members will have working knowledge of voice and signaling protocols including SIP and SS7, industry standards and associated requirements. DISH intends to work with 3rd parties to provide voice services, hence this team will also be responsible for performing detailed evaluations of service providers' capabilities and performance.
Day-to-day job responsibilities:
- Ability to communicate effectively on the purpose of CALEA and like public safety programs.
- Knowledge of wireless communications engineering concepts and technologies.
- Ability to communicate the technical and regulatory requirements to business stakeholders to ensure that regulatory compliance is maintained or enhanced, and understood consistently.
- Ability to incorporate DISH Core and Legal guidance into solid architectural solutions
- Support preparation of regulatory agency applications, reports, or correspondence for internal owners. Review all regulatory agency submission materials to ensure timeliness, accuracy, comprehensiveness, or compliance with regulatory standards for internal stakeholders, including maintenance of required KPI reporting or like certification requirements.
- Manage activities such as audits or regulatory agency inspections.
- Ability to think critically to evaluate solutions and program plans in order to produce high-quality, lasting results.
- Participation in technical support, troubleshooting, root cause analysis, notification, escalation, reporting, and continuous improvement activities that intentionally improve DISH Regulated Services support.
- Demonstrated awareness of impact of actions on team, on department, and DISH business objectives.
#LI-RO2 #DICE_RO Skills and experience
Successful Engineer candidates have:
- Preferred B.S.or M.S. in Electrical Engineering, Emergency Management, (or related field) and a minimum of 2 - 5+ years of direct engineering experience; in certain cases, job experience will be considered in lieu of education.
- Experience designing and implementing regulatory/compliance programs.
- Understanding IEEE, FCC, or State-level Regulations with ability to handle complex regulatory issues.
- Demonstrated career progression, both in responsibilities and skill development
The ideal candidate will have:
- Certifications in professional or technical skill development, such as ACFE
- Good attitude, team spirit with ability to adapt to frequent change
- Excel, Word, Power Point, Google Suite experience is beneficial
Compensation: $74,520.00/Yr. - $116,955.00/Yr.
From versatile health perks to new career opportunities, check out our benefits on our careers website.
Employment is contingent on Successful completion of a pre-employment screen, which may include a drug test.