DISH Wireless is building a next-gen 5G network to disrupt the wireless industry and fuel innovation in transportation, health care, education, sustainability, city management, and agriculture.
We're driven by curiosity, pride, adventure, and a desire to win - and we're looking for people with boundless energy, intelligence, and an overwhelming need to achieve. Join us as we embark on our greatest adventure of all.
Opportunity is here. We are DISH Wireless.
As part of the DISH Wireless 5G R&D Lab, the Wireless Standards Engineer will join the team of passionate engineers with start-up spirit to debug and test the world-class 5G network solution. The candidate is expected to bring innovation and strong execution skills to the group to track, analyze and clarify standards certification requirements and ensure future Dish Certified SW/HW/Service products are in compliance. The Engineer will help drive standards development and trends on particular topics based on internal product interests and actively participate in working-group level technical discussions and industrial standard milestones within DISH.
Primary responsibilities fall into the following categories:
- Generate standards essential contributions including test specifications in strategic areas
- collaborate with cross-function teams to bring new technologies and standards into successful product launches on DISH's Wireless Network
- Develop technical contributions and give presentations in industry forums including 3GPP
- proactively promote advances in wireless technology
- Participate in knowledge transfer, documentation and information sharing while staying abreast of new technology/technical areas
- Lead, follow, and effectively collaborate with knowledgeable Network Architecture peers and OEM business partners
Skills & Expertise:
- PhD or MS with focus on wireless communication preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 10 or more years of experience working within Wireless, specifically with delegations and standards (PHD Fellowships or similar programs will count towards the years of experienced required)
- Expert knowledge of industry technical standards (including but not limited to 3GPP 5G, FCC, GSMA eSIM, 5GAA)
- Solid knowledge of the 3GPP RF, L2/L3 (including MAC, RLC, PDCP, RRC etc) or Non-Access Stratum and of the related features up to 3GPP Release 16
- Ability to translate 3GPP specifications and worldwide spectrum and telecommunications regulations into the device certification process
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently and cooperate in teams, projects and cross-functionally to achieve results
- Ability to work off-hours schedules as required
- Ability to work under pressure to meet strict deadlines
Compensation: $147,600.00/Yr. - $200,200.00/Yr.
From versatile health perks to new career opportunities, check out our benefits on our careers website.
Employment is contingent on Successful completion of a pre-employment screen, which may include a drug test.