Who we are:
The technology division of AAMC is a vibrant community of people who are excited about making a positive impact in the world of healthcare. The AAMC is dedicated to improving the health of the nation by supporting the entire spectrum of education, research, and patient care activities conducted by our member institutions. Our work in technology assists medical students, teaching institutions, hospitals and doctors to strengthen medical care and improve the health of all.
Significant employer 403(b) contribution
Public transportation subsidy
Generous paid time off program
Wellness program that includes: discounted gym membership, onsite yoga and sponsored sports teams
As a member of the IT Workday Operation team, the Workday Developer/System Specialist will be responsible for the daily support and maintenance of Workday integrations for both HCM and Financial systems. You will also work closely with the HR team, Finance Team, IT, vendors, and contract resources to develop enhancements to exchange data between Workday platform and external systems, ensure data integrity, and test system changes.
As the Workday Developer you will be responsible for the designing and configuring of Workday across all areas of the platform including domain, business processes, reports, and integrations. You will also provide valuable support to the HCM and Financial systems.
How will you make an impact?
* Design, develop and maintain Integrations between Workday and internal and external systems. Act as the liaison between internal customer groups (HR, Finance, Payroll, IT, etc.) and external vendors (Implementation Consultants, Software vendors, etc.)
* Create and maintain documentations for new and existing integrations. Troubleshoot and resolve integration and system issues and serve as Finance and HR's liaison to vendor technical support teams for resolution
* Review and monitor weekly patches, Support system upgrades, changes and modifications, including evaluation and testing of Workday releases
* Analyze and provide system statistics summary periodically
* Understand and translate business needs into requirements and provide solutions to the requests
* Review Workday security design and assignments; make change recommendation to ensure solid security structure to meet both IT control and audit control requirements.
What you-ll bring to the role:
* B.S. in Computer Science or a relevant discipline required. Master-s degree highly desirable
* 3-5 years- of related work experience in software design, development and implementation
* Solid understanding of Workday modules and business objects
* Proven experience in troubleshooting issues, diagnose root cause and provide fix or workaround to problems
* Experience working under pressure and handling multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
* Proven ability to work cross-functionally and manage multiple responsibilities with tight deadlines
* 2+ years- Workday experience in configuring various types of Workday integration using Studio, Core Connectors, EIBs, PICOFs, Web Services, REST APIs; Hands-on experience in using BIRT report tool to customize form layout
* Experience with EDI, XML, XSLT, Web Services, SOAP, REST, JSON or other integration technologies a plus.
If a bachelor-s degree is required, related work experience may be substituted in some positions. One year of college course work at an accredited institution is equivalent to one year of related work experience.
The Association of American Medical Colleges (AAMC) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative-- Action Employer. The AAMC is committed to the policy of an equal employment opportunity in recruitment, hiring, career advancement, and all other personnel practices. The AAMC will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family responsibilities, matriculation, political affiliation, genetic information, disability, past or current military service, or any other legally protected characteristic.
Please attach a resume as part of the application process. It is important that files DO NOT include periods ( . ) within the file name.
BROWSER REQUIREMENTS: Applications must be submitted using Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, or Internet Explorer v.10 or higher.