***Please note this is a 100% onsite position in Long Island City, NY; no remote work ***
Statement of the Job
Please note 80% of this role is TECHNICAL and 20% is FUNCTIONAL. Emphasis on Security, Configuration, Reporting and Integration/Implementation.
As a Functional Lead, the candidate will be a Workday Human Capital Management (HCM) system and Expense modules Subject Matter Expert (SME), who will work with the Information Technology team and Human Resources (HR) staff. This individual will use their strong knowledge on core HR and benefits to champion design standardization for HCM, and will work closely with HCM system support team to deliver enhancements and oversee Workday releases, requiring effective collaboration with key internal stakeholders.
Responsibilities to include, but not limited to:
Required Experience and Skills:
- Lead and support upgrades, enhancements, testing and validation of systems
- Act as a functional SME for Workday HCM and Expense modules, taking the lead role in introducing its new features/products to the business; in-charge of educating the HR team and operating environment specialists on new system functionalities
- Recommend and implement new or improved systems or processes to help support business growth/goals
- Identify strategies, risks, and options; recommend approaches and mitigations to meet HR/functional requirements
- Guide and document processes and HR/functional requirements
- Partnering with change management teams to plan and execute proposals and prioritize enhancements
- Supporting the wider Workday Application team, maintaining and troubleshooting downstream integrations
- Maintaining data integrity by proactively conducting audits and analyzing transactions
- Work with other IT functional, technical teams to resolve issues
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Human Capital Management (HCM) and Expense modules, including recruitment and onboarding modules implementation experience within the last 3 years, and exposure to integrations
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Project Delivery / Management, with appropriate Workday certifications
- Deep knowledge of Workday business processes, and configurations across all modules of HR, Recruiting
- Workday thought leadership
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and function with a high degree of professionalism and integrity in an energetic, demanding team environment.
- Strong interpersonal (written and verbal) communication skills, at all levels.
- Advanced decision making, problem solving, and analytical ability.
- Must be self-motivated and results-oriented.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business, IT or related field or equivalent experience
- This is an ONSITE position in Long Island City, NY (no remote)
- System updates, etc., must be performed on site
- Highly technical candidate, good with business processes
- Collaborate with HR and IT, focus on maintaining implementation for Workday
- Ability to communicate with partner vendors