No Consulting firms.
No sponsorship available.
Must live within a commutable distance of Long Island, NY to be considered.
Software Engineer C#, WinForms
- Write maintainable, clean, re-usable, object-oriented, and efficient programming code in compliance with department standards and templates
- Work within source control utilizing branching, merging, proper check-in procedures, and passing of continuous builds to ensure that software is always releasable
- Practice Test Driven Development (TDD) and ensuring that unit tests are created prior to writing programming code and that any programming code is structured in such a way to maximize testability
- Resolve software bugs in the programming code and modify unit tests to prevent future regression
- Work within the context of department processes and procedures
- Peer review programming code and participate in code reviews
- Learn and understand the technical details of all relevant products and having hands-on familiarity of the system as required
- Work with management to define and establish processes, templates, and standards related to software development and to continually improve the quality of the process
- Contribute fresh, new ideas during developer meetings demonstrating a commitment on-going learning
- Utilizing code coverage, code metrics, and other tools to improve quality of code
- Mentor and assist in the training and on-boarding of other team members
- Raise concerns to management and team members
- Any other tasks required by management
- Demonstrated prior work experience conducting the primary responsibilities outlined in this job description
- Proficient English written and verbal communication skills is essential since you will need to communicate with other offices on the phone.
- Exceptional knowledge and skill with C# in .NET is essential.
- MVC is essential
- Experience writing and tuning SQL queries, Microsoft SQL Server expertise is an asset
- Experience with advanced debugging techniques, such as breakpoints, watches, attaching to remote processes, utilizing dump files, etc.
- Demonstrated experience developing large-scale, high-availability applications and systems
- Experience GIT source control, branching and merging, is preferred
- Experience with writing cross platform code for Windows, Linux and Android OS.
- Experience working with JIRA is preferred
- Experience working with embedded systems or Windows embedded technologies preferred.
- Ability to quickly and independently learn about new technologies, business and technical terms and concepts is essential
- Ability to discern between value-added and frivolous work
- Dedicated to continuous education by obtaining industry-related certifications and training
- Ability to collaborate with multiple departments and teams, demonstrating high-quality interpersonal skills, including good listening skills, respectful treatment of others, and professional behavior contributing to a positive and enjoyable environment
- Ability to work as part of a team and also individually with a self-starter ("can do") attitude
- Comfortable speaking and interacting with technical and non-technical people
- Excellent research, analytical, and organization skills with an exceptional eye for detail
- Ability to perform work activities according to set priorities and delivery timelines
- Ability to take constructive criticism
- Ability to perform work activities for multiple projects simultaneously
- Desire to participate in speaking engagements or be involved within user or other community groups or any other events attended by the department
- Diploma or degree in Computer Science or Engineering is required
- Experience working in an Agile environment is an asset