Our client is looking for a Senior BI/.NET Developer to support the Social Security Administration in Woodlawn, MD. Our client strives to create an environment where our people come first. We call our employees members to reinforce that all who join our team are considered company owners and are empowered to share in the rewards and challenges that come from building a world-class business. As one of the largest independent information technology and business process services firms in the world, we realize our continued success depends on our ability to attract and retain top-quality professionals-like you. Client:
Leading Government Integrator Location:
Woodlawn, MD (Fully Remote During COVID) Duration:
Long Term Contract to Perm Compensation:
Competitive based on years of relevant experience and education Your future duties and responsibilities
• Developing .NET applications with C# and Visual Studio
• Model View Controller (MVC) development
• Performing code reviews, unit testing, and quality control testing on all products prior to release
• Developing and integrating business intelligence and data visualization techniques and tools into the application to enable users to analyze and make data driven decisions
• Documenting code per project standards, maintaining and archiving program development and requirements changes
• Extracting and transforming data from a variety of data sources
• Business processes and systems documentation
• Creating graphics for use as mockups prior to programming, or graphics for use within the application's graphical user interface Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• 3-6 years of relevant experience plus a Master's degree is required OR 8+ years' experience plus Bachelor's degree.
• Experience developing .NET applications with C# and Visual Studio
• SQL Database Management System and programming, plus relational database concepts
• Significant experience with SSAS, SSIS, SSRS, SQL, Power BI, DAXStudio, Vertipaq Analyzer.
• Experience in building SSAS tabular model and Power BI based.
• Experience in Data Modeling and Data Warehouse.
• Significant experience with SQL and relational databases (SQL Server, PostgreSQL).
• Experience with BI/reporting tools (PowerBI, Tableau).
• Extensive knowledge and use of Data Analysis Expressions (DAX).
• Experience with memory management, caching and performance management
• Creativity and problem-solving skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills Desired qualifications:
• Web-based intranet development and content management experience
• Microsoft certification in SQL server, .Net or Business Intelligence is a plus
• Expertise in developing SQL Server databases
• Expertise with Test-Driven development and Behavior-Driven development highly desired
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at firstname.lastname@example.org