Description Job Description:Splunk Developer
As the trusted IT and network provider for more than 3 million government users, Leidos brings the domain experience and mission understanding to transform complex systems into modernized networks. We leverage innovations in technology and the creativity of our people to bring outstanding value to our customers. Leidos is the largest systems integrator and provider of IT services to the U.S. government, serving customers across all sectors. We bring decades of experience leading large-scale, secure government networks and mission-critical programs to bear. With recent new program wins for mission critical networks, our footprint in this market is growing, and so are opportunities to join our team.
We have an IMMEDIATE NEED for a Splunk Developer Splunk Developer responsibilities:
Develops and customizes Splunk apps
Perform data transformation using Splunk Query Language
Implements integration with external systems
Leverage innovations like ITSI to perform intelligent data monitoring leveraging Machine Learning that can be shared across our platform
Develop advanced data visualization dashboards leveraging Splunk dashboard apps and custom dashboard apps
Troubleshoot Splunk platform and application issues, escalate the issue and work with Splunk support to resolve issues
Build and integrate contextual data into notable events.
Perform routine health checks, maintenance tasks, update, upgrade, and implement new capabilities
Build, implement, and administer Splunk in Windows and Linux environments.
Perform data ingestion and data preparation with Splunk
Build and integrate contextual data into notable events
Recognizing and on-boarding new data sources into Splunk, analyzing the data for anomalies and trends, and building dashboards highlighting the key trends of the data.
Develop and provide reports on the usage of information and data
Experience in SQL query development leveraging HTML, XML, CSS, Bash, Java, and Python scripts.
Develop complex queries using Splunk Query Language for use in advanced dashboards and custom Splunk applications
Manage automating Splunk deployments and orchestration within a Cloud environmentQualifications:
Requires Bachelors of Science degree and 8+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6+ years of prior relevant experience (in System Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering Science, Engineering Management, or related discipline
Experience with relational databases
Splunk certified developer
Proven experience with Splunk Enterprise, ES and ITSI experience
Proven experience developing prototype visualization tools to include requirements definition and execution.
Experience implementing Splunk Dashboards
Experience writing Splunk Technical Add-ons
Experience with implementing Splunk within cloud environments
Working knowledge of telecommunications and networksDesired Qualifications:
External Referral Bonus:
- Familiarity with field extraction in Splunk using regular expressions
- Experience with basic networking principles/setup
- Experience integrating Splunk with various 3rd party product REST APIs using python
- Splunk Architect certification
- Experience designing and implementing medium to large Splunk instances
- Experience with JAVA & NIFI to include the ability to write NIFI processors in JAVA is highly desired.
- Experience with tools such as Yellowstone, Splitglass, Blueivy, Tumms, Watchzone
- Additional experience with modern telecommunications systems and networks.
- Experience with IBM Doors and Cameo Systems Modeler
- Familiarity with SysML and System Engineering modeling and design approach
- Familiarity with the Atlassian Tool Suite and JIRA
- Working knowledge of the FAA and their engineering practices
- Familiarity with the National Air Space and FAA NextGen Air Traffic control programs
IneligibleExternal Referral Bonus $:Potential for Telework:
Yes, 100%Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 10% of the timeScheduled Weekly Hours:
Software DevelopmentPay Range: