Scientist /Sr. Scientist, T Cell Biology 1200033
Job Scope & Purpose:
Our most recent client is a stealth mode company focused on excellence in viral engineering for in vivo LVV cell and gene therapy. With experts in cell therapy leading the team, and extraordinary scientific founders providing the central technology, this team is building a culture of skill and care. We are working with a team that dreams big to make cell and gene therapy reality for patients in need.
Come join our clients growing group in Cambridge, MA as a Scientist/Sr. Scientist- T cell biology and contribute to cutting edge viral engineering to address unmet need! This opportunity could be for you if you're excited about growing and scaling a company, making a transformational difference for patients and making big contributions to the inclusive culture we are building!
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Contribute to pioneering novel T cell/immune cell therapeutics to bring our platform to patients
- Work independently and with colleagues to design, execute, and troubleshoot key experiments for proof of concept, candidate selection and nomination
- Perform in vitro phenotypic and functional assessment of T cells/immune cells using multiparameter flow cytometry, proliferation assays, cytokine assessment, and target cell killing
- Expand their immunological toolbox for essential technologies and capabilities by helping to develop new in vitro assays
- Analyze and interpret complex data
- Prepare study protocols, experimental plans, and contribute to technical reports and other key documents; maintain a detailed electronic lab notebook
- Assist with lab operations and management, including building and maintaining relationships with key vendors
Primary Job Requirements:
- Ph.D. in Immunology, Biology, Molecular Biology or related field with 2+ years of academic or industry experience (level will be based on experience)
- Proficient in aseptic cell culture of primary T cells and transformed cell lines, including expansion and cell banking, flow cytometry, and cell-based assays including immune cell functional analysis with MSD/Luminex/Cytotoxicity
- Experience with T cell phenotyping and functional assessment strongly preferred
- Experience with LVV or other gene delivery technologies a plus
- Understands project timelines and deliverables, independently takes initiative and is accountable
- Adaptable and flexible to changing work environments; problem solver with a get-it-done attitude
- Excellent organizational and communication skills, both oral and written
- Ability to work collaboratively, meet deadlines, and prioritize and balance multiple workstreams
Whether you are seeking a career change or simply interested in becoming part of our network, you will appreciate the ethics guiding each Stratacuity team member. We build lasting relationships with exceptional biopharmaceutical talent and take great care to protect your personal information. Upon receiving your inquiry, you may be directly contacted by a Stratacuity team member to discuss your career goals. We will not share your information with anyone without your direct prior consent.
PROVEN SCIENTIFIC PLACEMENT™
Stratacuity is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Stratacuity will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact us.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at