Java Microservices Springboot AWS Engineer
We’re looking for a Principal and experienced lead software engineer to drive the development of complex cloud-based systems, key to the future of our business. In this role, you will use your strong technical design skills and your passion for contributing broadly to work effectively across the organization. Beyond the implementation of cross-platform solutions using the latest technology and tools, you will engage in customer-driven product discussions and strategic decisions.
• Being at the vanguard of solving technical problems, venturing into unchartered areas of technologies to solve complex problems, and working closely with the product and business team to define our customer solutions and approaches.
• Directly responsible for consistently delivering high-quality, scalable, production-ready back-end/server code in Java for Cloud Services, from design and development to deployment, as a member of an Agile development team.
• Partner closely with a cross-functional team of key stakeholders (Engineers, Architects, Product Managers, QA, Operations, and Business Partners) to independently design and implement complex, business-critical systems. Apply strategic thinking to deliver end-to-end solutions with a focus on user needs and engineering/operational/business goals.
• Display a passion for continuous learning, and for experimenting and applying cutting edge technology, software paradigms, and engineering process improvements, while fostering this culture across the team.
• Mentor junior developers using expertise in software development methodology and frameworks, in areas such as quality, security, and scalability.
• 10+ years of software engineering experience, including a successful track record developing customer-facing SaaS/PaaS products.
• 5+ years working experience in core Java and Spring Framework.
• 3+ years working experience within microservice architecture, specifically utilizing REST services, XML, and JSON.
• Extensive experience as a lead developer, driving toward short- and long-term solutions for complex systems, with internal and external partners.
• Capable of handling ambiguous business requirements with exceptional prioritization, time management, problem-solving, and communication skills.
• Extensive experience in developing applications which are deployed in AWS.
• Excellent understanding of O/R mapping concepts and tools (Hibernate, JPA).
• Excellent programming discipline: data structures, complexity analysis, object-oriented principles, design patterns and unit testing.
• Excellent knowledge of the development challenges inherent with highly scalable and available web/mobile applications.
• Ability to work well with others in a geographically distributed team.
• Team player with can-do attitude to own and drive with minimal day-day instructions.
• BS/MS in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent.
• Fluent in Databases/SQL (MySQL experience preferred).
• Experience with orchestration of tasks among microservices, e.g. Netflix Conductor or Amazon Simple Workflow, is preferred.
Location: Menlo Park, CA or Remote
Type: Full time
Abel Lara | OSIJOBS
OSI Engineering is a leading talent acquisition and services company, building powerful IT and Engineering development teams to meet speed-to-market demands across the US. We develop, implement and manage workforce solutions through every stage of the product lifecycle, from early application development through final production, delivering the highest-level technology professionals. Our capabilities include technical staff augmentation, managed service programs and resource planning solutions.
With over 20 years of experience, OSI’s technical expertise spans the software stack from the firmware layer up to the user interface. We deliver dynamic and diverse teams for IT Services, Networking Data Services, Cloud Infrastructure and Services, Big Data, Mobile Hardware and Applications, Internet of Things (IoT), Connected Car, Enterprise Information Security and Data Science. Our quality-focused approach to talent acquisition and services helps our clients successfully launch their concepts and products that change the world.