Overview Sr. Specialist, Information Security .Net Developer-VM Who we are:
BNY Mellon, Cybersecurity is a top priority for both technology and the business. The members of the Information Security Division are on constant alert, using their creativity and knowledge of cybersecurity, technology, and business processes to develop and deliver creative solutions. In this fast-paced environment, staff collaborate to respond to current risks, while identifying and anticipating future threats. Our cyber capabilities encompass the full spectrum of services from Cyber Operations (SOC, Cyber Threat Intelligence, Vulnerability Management, Cyber Incident Response, Penetration Testing & Red Teaming, Cyber Analytics & Fraud, and Insider threat) to Cyber Architecture and Engineering (Network, Platform, Cloud, and Applications Security). Together with the CISO and his leadership team, staff provide a robust set of cyber services that provide full scope protection and response capabilities across the BNY Mellon enterprise. We help our businesses, the bank-s executive team, and our board of directors understand cybersecurity risk and the steps that must be taken to create and maintain a secure environment that drives innovation. What you will be doing:
This position requires hands on experience of maintaining large datasets, analyzing data to identify patterns, generating reports, identifying problems and areas of improvements, and proposing solutions and data governance strategies. Individual should be able to work interpedently on a given task with minimum supervision and collaborate in a team environment to complete complex projects.
- Prior experience of data analysis
- Experience of working directly with customers with strong communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience in producing, consuming, and analyzing large data sets
- At least 7 years of SQL database experience required including creating tables, stored procedures, and views
- Experience of writing complex SQL queries using Joins, Unions, Aggregate Functions, etc.
- Practical experience of collecting and analyzing large data sets to identify patterns and problems
- At least 5 years of ETL development experience required
- Experience in reorganizing and consuming data in different formats (e.g., JSON, XML, CVS, Excel)
- Expert level knowledge of Excel including VLOOKUP, Pivot tables, charting, conditional formatting, etc.
- Some experience or familiarity in Big Data platforms and tools
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments and safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.