About Sterling Medical Devices:
Sterling Medical Devices, a provider of custom electro-mechanical and software solutions for the medical device industry, has been dedicated to helping our clients resolve medical device development challenges. Our engineering teams address the whole development process: systems, software, electronics, mechanical, quality, and compliance. Our headquarters, located in Moonachie, NJ, is a casual work environment that engages our team in cutting edge technologies and projects.
Sterling has over 20 years of experience working with doctors, startups, medical device companies and providing solutions for healthcare companies that need to scale up quickly to bring medical device software, hardware, mechanical, and mobile medical device apps to market by successfully navigating the FDA and CE approval process. We design our client’s products with a focus on the user needs and requirements, while making smart design choices based on our extensive and diverse product development experience.
We are currently searching for an Project Manager to join our team. This position will be responsible for for the management and execution of assigned projects. Duties include working with internal and external customers and cross-functional technical resources to develop the defined deliverables and ensure the effective execution of each project to those deliverables. The Project Manager is also responsible for providing technical direction to team members and the monitoring of project deliverables and project plans. The ideal candidate is a self-starter with strong project management and technical skills and a passion for being part of a team developing medical technologies that improve people’s lives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Own end-to-end planning, management, status reporting and execution of assigned projects to ensure on-time delivery
- Establish project's priorities and lead cross-functional teams in the development of plans, schedules, estimates and project scope
- Perform project risk assessment and develop resolutions to meet productivity, quality, and client-satisfaction goals and objectives
- Manage day-to-day activity of assigned project team members to ensure engagement, effective collaboration and adherence to project schedules
- Evaluate and create change orders that significantly impact the scope, budget, or timeline of a project for approval
- Motivate and develop assigned team members, providing mentorship and ensuring there is a clear understanding of expectations and performance
- Engage with clients to ensure an open line of communication and alignment of project status and expectations
- Contribute to the ongoing development and improvement of processes, principles, and concepts used in managing projects
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or other related field
- 5+ years’ experience in area of subject matter expertise (software, hardware, mechanical, etc.)
- 3+ years’ technical writing experience for system requirements, design documents, and test reports
- 2+ years’ experience as a project team lead working with diverse team member skillsets
- Previous direct supervisory experience preferred
- Previous experience managing projects for medical device or other highly regulated industries preferred
Knowledge and Skills:
- Demonstrated expertise with project management principles, practices, techniques and tools
- Advanced troubleshooting, problem solving, multi-tasking, organization, and customer management skills are critical to success in this role
- Demonstrated ability to establish project priorities, performing risk assessment, creating mitigation plans, and managing issues to be closed
- Demonstrated leadership and teamwork skills including ability to work with multiple onsite and remote groups
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills to interact with internal and external stakeholders
- Detail-oriented and organized, with good analytical skills
- Client service, communication, presentation, and relationship building skills required
- Ability to function independently and as a team player in a fast-paced environment required
- Team development acumen with proficiencies in team building and influencing skills
- Coaching skills in the areas of critical thinking and problem solving, demonstrated through previous training and relevant previous experiences
Sterling Medical Devices (SMD) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. SMD does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.”
Local candidates only at this time, please. We do not offer relocation assistance.
No third-party candidates please.