Point of Sale Application Developer
Contract (6-12 Months)
TeamSoft's Client is seeking a talented and passionate Sr. POS Application Developer to create world class customer experiences and operational excellence. This position requires 5 days’/week on-site work and reports to the Business Engagement Manager.
- Management of Point-of-Sale, Kiosk, and other retail technology systems
- Participate in the planning and support of retail systems
- Take a lead technical role in development and implementation of retail systems
- Develop and create customized operational monitoring tools including alerts and dashboards that report on system performance and issues.
- Assess and recommend improvements to retail systems based on business and technical analysis.
- Lead retail technology implementations for new stores.
- Provide users with technical support and track issues through to resolution.
- Document system architecture, workflows and other technical work products.
- Maintain standardized documentation around workflow rules, best practices and use cases.
- Inform users and key SME’s about system functionality and enhancements.
- Work with cross-functional teams (ie. Network, Security, Workstation, etc).
- Provide on call support.
Job Requirements and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems.
- Dedicated and passionate IT professional with 7+ years of experience.
- 3+ years of experience with Point of Sale systems/application development
- Exposure to ETL tools like Talend or Datastage or Informatica.
- Experience with SQL Queries and Server.