We are seeking an experienced, creative, and collaborative individual to help grow our data segments, uphold our data quality standards, and advance our ETL systems. The Senior Data Engineer will work as part of the Finance team to provide end users with the data needed to create reports for management, but will also work as a contributor to complete ad-hoc requests and build reports in a BI tool.
This position reports to the Director of Financial Analytics.
- Applicants under consideration will be scheduled for a Zoom interview.
- We regret we are not in position to personally respond to all applicants.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Works closely with IT, data architect, financial analysts, accounting, payroll and senior level management to provide Proliance with accurate and meaningful reports
- Coordinate with business analysts, and reporting users to understand their data needs, and coordinates the delivery of those requirements with a focus on: data quality, data reuse, consistency, security, regulatory compliance, usage performance, and standards adherence
- Create queries to calculate various metrics like cases, procedures, payments, time to bill, case types, AR, etc. off of back-end transactional data stored in SQL local and cloud based databases
- Using Excel, SQL, Access, or other data analysis tools, develops analyses to support decision making
- Design and implement Business Intelligence/Reporting solutions
- Works with a wide variety of data sources: EHR, EMR, Accounting & Payroll, Quality Metrics. Specifically NextGen, Amkai, Intacct, UltiPro, etc.
- Maintains and improves upon relational table, schema and libraries for a data warehouse to be used as a source for ad-hoc analytics and BI/Reporting tools
- Maintain user security and train users on reporting tools
- Assists in data migration, integration, cleansing, ETL, replicated, and cloned new database instances
- Partner with IT, on design and oversight of APIs and other data sharing capabilities in collaboration with short / long term business needs
- Partner with IT to integrate new data management technologies and software engineering tools (automation projects, process improvements, etc.) into existing systems to enable single source of truth for product and customer data
- Engages in process and quality improvement activities to minimize manual efforts
- Performs other duties as required by management
- Knowledge of healthcare coding conventions and terminology. e. (ICD-9, ICD-10, CPT, and HCPCS codes)
- Broad range knowledge of ASC’s, Clinics, and Ancillary Services
- Experience working with healthcare data
- Strong analytical skills and familiarity with common data analytics tools including Excel, Access, SQL, or other analytics tools
- Advanced skills with T-SQL, complex SQL queries, SQL Management Studio, Reporting Services and Analysis Services tools. Knowledge of Microsoft Azure is a plus
- Experience (writing reports, maintaining systems, ensuring data integrity, defining and creating datasets) with Business Intelligence tools like Tableau, QlikSense, or PowerBI
- Ability to understand the business requirements, user needs and the relationship between user requests and database integrity
- Ability to communicate effectively using data with all levels of the organization
- Self-motivated team player able to multi-task and prioritize
- Ability to lead projects and initiatives
- Bachelor’s degree or greater in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems or related field
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working in the healthcare industry with a focus on data analytics and healthcare metrics
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working as a programmer in a relational database environment
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in data analytics
The work environment/physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This description is intended to describe the essential job functions, the general supplemental functions and the essential requirements for the performance of this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and requirements of a person so classified. Other functions may be assigned and management retains the right to add or change the duties at any time.
How we are protecting team members from COVID-19?
Employee and patient health and safety is our top priority. At Proliance, we are adhering to CDC, State and local orders regarding COVID-19 and have implemented processes and precautions across our facilities to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
Following the most recent vaccination mandate for healthcare workers in Washington State, and our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and patients, all Proliance employees will be required to provide proof of full vaccination by October 18, 2021, or proof of a medical or religious exemption.
Proliance Surgeons offers a generous benefits package including Medical/RX, Dental, Vision, 401k with profit sharing and more! Plus ALL of our employees enjoy the free perks of our employee purchasing program offering a variety of discounts on purchases made every day – including cell phone service!Proliance Surgeons is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment, and we welcome and encourage people of all backgrounds, perspectives, experiences, and skills to apply.All employment decisions at Proliance Surgeons are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.