Description Job Description:
As the trusted IT and network provider for more than 3 million government users, Leidos brings the domain experience and mission understanding to transform complex systems into modernized networks. We leverage innovations in technology and the creativity of our people to bring outstanding value to our customers. Leidos is the largest systems integrator and provider of IT services to the U.S. government, serving customers across all sectors. We bring decades of experience leading large-scale, secure government networks and mission-critical programs to bear. With recent new program wins for mission critical networks, our footprint in this market is growing, and so are opportunities to join our team.
We have an IMMEDIATE NEED for a Juniper Network Architect
who is considered a Subject matter expert and lead working on emerging high profile projects responsible for meeting the business and technical requirements for the organizations overall objectives. Juniper Network Architect Responsibilities:
• Interpret customer requirements and develops internal requirements and design solutions. Identify solutions based on alternative analysis, providing detailed assessments against requirements (technical, cost, business, security, schedule) as well as establishing baselines.
• Need to have the ability to define clearly both risks and benefits of various approaches for a given need. Is able to create overarching strategies for design as it relates to monitoring the application, infrastructure, interfaces and critical business transactions to provide a comprehensive set of service level metrics and key performance indicators.
• Be responsible for designing & setting up the ingestion of various customer data flows to include pre-processing data into a useable format.
• Subject matter expert skilled in Juniper NFX-series network services platform, Juniper SRX-series branch routers, Juniper EX-series switches, Cisco Firepower ASA firewalls, AnyConnect VPN clients, TrippLite serial consoles, Ethernet & TDMA delivered Private IP & Internet circuits, Private APN cellular networks, Network Time Protocol (NTP). Extensive experience in the implementation of information security (IS) best practices & performance of work in accordance with the Federal Information Security Modernization Act (FISMA) to ensure that systems can maintain accreditation.
• This position requires working independently in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. The ideal candidate will be personable and articulate, and will focus on quickly and effectively meeting the customer's needs
• He or she will be a self-starter who can work with limited supervision. Excellent communication skills are required to effectively interface with customers to understand requirements, issues and mission needs, and then to be able to translate them into actions.
• Learn a new Government system, and become the single Subject Matter Expert for all systems issues.
• Independently provide network engineering operations and maintenance (O&M) support for a mission-critical government system; support the system as the SME on the team, requiring broad and deep knowledge across the applicable technologies
• Juniper SRX-series security devices, certified at the JNCIP-SEC or JNCIE-SEC levels; ensure configurations consistent with industry best practices & FISMA; implement defense-in-depth methodology by using appropriate firewall rules, security policies and other IS-consistent configurations; monitor pre-shared key (PSK) and AutoVPN virtual private network (VPN) links; implement high availability (HA) configurations as needed
• Juniper EX-series switches using 1Gbps & 10Gbps backplanes; implement connectivity with Juniper & other vendor technologies using copper & fiber; implement high availability (HA) as needed
• Cisco Firepower ASA firewalls using AnyConnect for client VPN access; implement high availability (HA) as needed; ensure connectivity to backend authentication services; ensure secure configuration for remote network & network resource access
• Design & maintain out-of-band (OOB) management network using TrippLite serial consoles, iLO, iDRAC and other technologies to ensure secure & available management of network devices
• Participate in design & specification of Private IP (PIP) and Internet circuits to support systems
• Ensure high availability of Network Time Protocol (NTP) across all networks to ensure consistent & accurate time is available to all servers & network devices.
• Work within configuration management process to ensure consistent & secure modifications to equipment configurations
• Develop and maintain technical documentation and diagrams related to the field communications systems equipment & networksQualifications:
• Requires Bachelor's degree in technical field and 12 or more years of prior relevant experience or a Master's degree with 10 years of specific experience as a Network Architect or Engineer
• Desired experience with one or more of JNCIE-ENT (pro or expert level), JNCIE-SP (pro or expert level)
• Experience providing O&M support to complex, mission-critical systems
• Experience on designing, implementing and configuring network infrastructure
o Working independently to troubleshoot and correct operational issues
o Subject Matter Expert on network infrastructure
o Working closely with customers and users to troubleshoot and resolve complex user issues
o Ability to work and brief customer to include senior management
• Extensive experience configuring, designing, implementing and troubleshooting with following technologies:
o Juniper SRX-series branch routers
o Juniper EX-series switches
o Cisco Firepower ASA firewalls
o AnyConnect VPN clients
o TrippLite serial consoles
o Ethernet & TDMA delivered Private IP & Internet circuits
o Private APN cellular networks
o Network Time Protocol (NTP)
• Information security (IS) best practices & Federal Information Security Modernization Act (FISMA), and accreditation
• Configuration management process
• Establish goals and project plan objectives
• Excellent communication skills
• Excellent teamwork skillsDesired Qualifications:
- Familiarity with US Federal Government/DOD/FAA engineering practices including specifications and standards
- Experience with basic networking principles/setup
- Public Trust clearance or higher level clearance attained
- Security Engineering Experience
- Must have Excellent communication and proven writing skills (including proposal writing) to work with all levels of customer and internal organizations
- Government contracting experience
Note: Candidate selected will be subject to a Government Public Trust security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to the customer's information. US Citizenship is required.
External Referral Bonus: Ineligible External Referral Bonus $: Potential for Telework:
Yes, 10% Clearance Level Required:
Public Trust Travel:
Yes, 10% of the time Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Day Requisition Category:
Professional Job Family:
Network Administration and Ops Pay Range: