As the e-commerce trends continue to evolve, Transportation Insight has strategically positioned itself in the industry with top talent that boasts strategic involvement in the continued evolution of the small package/parcel and freight marketplace. In addition to our knowledge, we have built out the technology to help companies (shippers) unlock the power of their supply chain.
Transportation Insight is recognized as a premier employer regionally and nationally because of our reputation, workplace culture and growth opportunities. At the core of our culture, team members are motivated to improve our clients, our communities and ourselves every day.Job Statement:
The Director of Product will play a pivotal role in Transportation Insight, leading the organization's Product Team. The Director of Product will be responsible for the technical vision, planning and execution of all products throughout the Product Lifecycle, all in coordination and support of the company's strategic goals. You will work very closely with the customers, marketers, commercial team members, and engineers, as well as develop a strong team of product managers and business analysts.Responsibilities:
- Lead, manage and mentor a team of product managers, developers, and related personnel.
- Define the product strategy and roadmap
- Product lifecycle management from concept to launch of the product(s) across all products/product lines.
- Lead, define, represent and communicate product strategy to all stakeholders.
- Own the product roadmap and communicate with C-level staff, board members, and other stakeholders.
- Maintain a deep understanding of consumer behaviors, competing landscapes and technology trends to shape strategic decisions, plans and priorities.
- Drive innovative ideas, solutions and products through leadership and decisive action.
- Collaborate in the development of the core positioning and messaging for the product
- Develop budgets, forecasts, and metrics.
- Partner with operations to create and maintain the right processes and protocols to enhance satisfaction.
- Drive usage of analytics and data to help inform good decision-making operationally, tactically, and strategically.
- Minimum of 10 years experience in transportation, logistics, or supply chain
- Minimum of 5 years experience as a Product Manager or similar role
- Demonstrated success defining and launching excellent products
- Demonstrated knowledge of operational issues with (portfolio management, risk management, etc.)
- Customer-centric mindset with the capability of translating that into the product development process
- Successfully implemented data-driven processes to turn a vision into an actionable roadmap
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor's degree (MBA preferred)
- Excellent teamwork and collaboration skills, specifically bridging technology and business
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority
- Must be able to travel 20% of the time
- Proven ability to develop and manage a product backlog
- Strong understanding of business requirement documentation methods and best practices
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language
We are an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, veteran, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. In an effort to recruit, develop and retain top talent, we are committed to a policy of nondiscrimination in all personnel practices to ensure equal opportunity for employment, promotion, and training for a more inclusive workforce.