TeamSoft's Madison client is in need of a System Administrator. The Systems Administrator’s primary role is to support and grow the internal and external facing corporate server infrastructure. The Systems Administrator should have advanced knowledge of Windows and Linux operating system. The Systems Administrator will also need to work in a team environment and should act as a mentor to Junior Systems Administrators. The position will be part of an on-call rotation, and will be expected to provide off-hours support when needed.
- Design and develop systems support mechanisms, procedures and processes.
- Manage and maintain server infrastructure and applications.
- Maintain documentation for server infrastructure for support use.
- Provide on-call support for server infrastructure, workstations, software and applications.
- Perform ongoing patching/upgrades to server infrastructure and application software - tracking OS patches and application updates - test patches and upgrades.
- Perform ongoing review of server infrastructure performance and review logs.
- Work with Change Management on changes to infrastructure.
- Solid understanding of Windows and Linux operating system
- Experience with Storage Area Networks (SAN) concepts and practices
- Experience with virtualization concepts and practices
- Experience with block level replication systems
- Experience with out of band management systems
- Comfortable with all aspects of Linux and Microsoft systems administration; for example, running an enterprise mail system with SPAM and virus filters, running an enterprise Domain Name Service with over 100 domains, installation and maintenance of software packages, IP address space management, fundamentals of security, database administration, server and workstation backup systems
- Experience with supporting and designing Microsoft Windows workstations, Active Directory Services, Microsoft Windows applications
- Solid understanding of host-based and network-based security issues
*A full position description will be provided to qualified candidates.
Find out why TeamSoft is the technology leader with over 200 IT consultants. Managed by IT professionals, TeamSoft is the clear choice for your career. Join the TeamSoft family today!
Did you know?
- TeamSoft offers salaried options for many positions that include 5 weeks PTO and great benefits!
- TeamSoft has been in business since 1996
- TeamSoft’s Executives are IT professionals who possess a wealth of experience in application development, business analysis, and project management
- TeamSoft’s Recruiters are knowledgeable, friendly, and ready to help you make your next great career move
- TeamSoft offers a full benefits suite to all of our W2 consultants, including a 401k plan with a 100% vested 4% dollar for dollar match
- Our targeted selection process is designed to get to know your strengths and career interests and provide you with the best chance for success in your new position
- Our longest running consultant has been with us for 16 years
- Consultants can participate in our charitable giving committee. To date, TeamSoft’s charitable giving committee has donated over $100,000!
TeamSoft is operated by IT professionals. Our team has deep experience with IT staffing. Our clients understand this and rely on our expertise. That is why TeamSoft is the largest IT consulting firm founded in the Madison Area, with more than 200 current consultants! With over 50 active clients, TeamSoft will give you the greatest exposure to the widest range of IT careers.
Our executives possess a combined 60+ years of IT consulting experience. Our recruiting and Account Management staff are very well-versed in our client markets. We get you. We know you. We know what you do every day. And we know what you deal with on the job.
You take your career seriously and so do we. At TeamSoft you are not just a resume or number. Our goal is to create long-term partnerships with each of our consultants, and according to feedback from many of them, we are very good at this.
Click HERE to see what our consultants have to say about working with TeamSoft.
TeamSoft – Promote yourself!
TeamSoft is an equal employment opportunity employer functioning under an Affirmative Action Plan.