We are not just offering a job but a meaningful career! Come join our passionate team!
As a Fortune 50 company, we hire the best employees to serve our customers, making us a leader in the insurance and financial services industry. State Farm embraces diversity and inclusion to ensure a workforce that is engaged, builds on the strengths and talents of all associates, and creates a Good Neighbor culture.
We offer competitive benefits and pay with the potential for an annual financial award based on both individual and enterprise performance. Our employees have an opportunity to participate in volunteer events within the community and engage in a learning culture. We offer programs to assist with tuition reimbursement, professional designations, employee development, wellness initiatives, and more!
Visit our Careers page for more information on our benefits
and the process
of joining the State Farm team!ResponsibilitiesA Day in the Life of a Machine Learning Engineer:
As a Machine Learning Engineer, you will play in integral role within State Farm for helping build and support advanced analytic solutions that are used across the enterprise. Machine Learning Engineers are responsible for helping deploy data science solutions, build solutions that optimize analytic work-flows, and assisting with analytic research requests. With this role, your work will help increase use of advanced analytics for decision making throughout the company.Why Join Our Team
Being part of the Machine Learning Engineering team at State Farm will help facilitate your professional growth across multiple development areas. First, you will strengthen your communication skills through interactions with key business partners that require you to articulate technical concepts in a non-technical way. Additionally, the variety of projects that you work on will allow you to refine your knowledge for advanced analytic topics, software development practices, and tool development for use by the department. Finally, to help keep your skills sharp, this role includes an opportunity for practical research and continued professional development with opportunities to learn and leverage cutting edge tools and many different programming languages.QualificationsPreferred Skills & Professional Experience
• Completed Bachelors, other advanced degrees, and 2+ years' experience in a computer science or technology related field such as DevOps engineering, software engineering, or developer
• Proficiency with Python 3+, including libraries such as Pandas, Numpy, Scikit-learn, FastAPI, Flask, Tensorflow, PyTorch
• Experience with gathering and creating analytic business requirements, researching potential data sources (both internal and external sources), designing, developing and maintaining data assets
• Familiarity with algorithms associated advanced analytic topics, including binary classification algorithms, regression algorithms, Neural Network frameworks, and Natural Language Processing
• Demonstrated understanding of software engineering topics, including classes, functions, version control, CI/CD, and unit tests
• Experience deploying models for batch, synchronous, and/or asynchronous consumption
• Familiarity with Containerization through Docker
• Technical expertise with multiple compute environments, including Linux, AWS, and Kubernetes
**Applicants are required to be eligible to lawfully work in the U.S. immediately; employer will not sponsor applicants for U.S. work authorization (e.g. H-1B visa) for this opportunity**