Google Cloud Platform Infrastructure Engineer
Deloitte is a historic leader in the industry's multi-year journey to cloud. Our clients have turned the corner and are engaging Deloitte for assistance in leveraging cloud at its fullest. We are looking for smart cloud infrastructure engineers who have experience in designing, developing, and scaling high value cloud foundations and landing zones on hyper scaler cloud platforms. We are seeking experienced architects and engineers who can apply the latest in infrastructure as code(IaC) to help our clients realize the potential of programmatic and reusable infrastructure. Work you'll do
In partnership with other leaders in the firm, you will focus on understanding requirements, designing and deploying leading IaC solutions using Google Cloud and, as a key member of our engineering practice solve tough problems and ensure success in designing and building complex world-class applications on public cloud.
- Engage and consult with clients on foundational cloud infrastructure requirements, migration of workloads from on-premise and needs for specific cloud based solutions
- Build PoCs with hands on efforts that demonstrate understanding of requirements and knowledge of IaC tools and Google recommended practices for infrastructure and security
- Translate POCs into production grade code with appropriate guardrails and reviews
- Design the infrastructure architecture with the security focus and tools baked in by default
- Leverage our deep relationships and partner programs to maintain and enhance our leading edge Infrastructure and Google Cloud Platform networking skills - participate in trusted tester programs and alpha/betas.
- Assist in developing our Google Cloud Platform infrastructure community of practice by sharing your knowledge and experience with your peers and apprentices.
- Collaborate with our partners, developers and engineers to build repeatable cloud-native solutions that accelerate our clients' path to value.
- Author or otherwise contribute to public cloud customer-facing publications such as podcasts, blogs, and whitepapers
- Good knowledge of leading edge Infrastructure as Code (IaC) tools and practices - Hashicorp Terraform, Vault; either of Open source, Terraform/Vault Enterprise or Hashicorp Cloud
- Prior expertise with development of IaC modules for Google Cloud Platform leveraging Google Cloud Foundation Toolkit (CFT), Data protection toolkit(DPT) or related registry modules
- Good background of scripting utilizing Bash, Zsh, Python and Go for automating infrastructure on-premise/ cloud
- Experience in leveraging Sentinel Policy for Terraform and delivery of policy of code solutions
- Experience in build out of Kubernetes infrastructure - containers, GKE, Envoy, Istio, private clusters
- Strong on Google Cloud platform core skills - Compute, storage, network, IAM, VPC, firewall rules, Load Balancer, Cloud Deployment Manager, Logging and Monitoring
- Self-starter with an in-depth hands-on work experience with multiple large-scale implementations of Google Cloud Platform.
- Google Cloud Architecture, Engineering, DevOps, and/or Security certifications
- Background in build out of complex network and security architectures
- Proven experience as a successful senior engineer and/or cloud engineer highly desirable
- Understanding of Infrastructure, Networking, and DevOps scripting and tooling
- Knowledge of hybrid-cloud architectures and solutions - Google Cloud Platform Bare Metal, GCVE
- Having knowledge of Google Cloud Platform Anthos deployments will be a plus- cluster deployments, ACM configurations, Config connector, RBAC and ASM
- Experience in building solutions around Vault - HA setup, configuration, secrets retrieval and break glass use cases
- Experience in setup of observability, tracing and metrics collection solutions - Kiali, Prometheus, Grafana, Cloud Operations Suite or Chronosphere/M3
- Understanding of Identity and Access Management, user and system authentication methods and certificates, tokens and certificate management
- Demonstrated skills in leadership, communication, coaching, analysis, problem solving and short term and long term planning.
- Experienced, persuasive and effective presenter, both written and verbal.
- Knowledge of standard selling disciplines, specifically Solution Selling and RFP management.
- Experience leading high performance, results driven teams with a focus on client satisfaction.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills, ability to handle diverse situations, multiple initiatives and rapidly changing priorities.
- Must be a self-starter who requires minimal supervision.
- Ability to travel
- Limited immigration sponsorship may be available.