The Aerospace Corporation is the trusted partner to the nation's space programs, solving the hardest problems and providing unmatched technical expertise. As the operator of a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC), we are broadly engaged across all aspects of space- delivering innovative solutions that span satellite, launch, ground, and cyber systems for defense, civil and commercial customers. When you join our team, you'll be part of a special collection of problem solvers, thought leaders, and innovators. Join us and take your place in space.
At Aerospace, we are committed to providing an inclusive and diverse workplace for all employees to share in our common passion and aspiration - to carry out a mission much bigger than ourselves. Job Summary
Enterprise Information Services is responsible for Aerospace's classified and unclassified enterprise IT environment. As the Cybersecurity Engineer/Architect you will help build and design new cybersecurity processes and tools. You will be a part of an innovative and passionate team that is charted to protect the company from a variety of threats using cutting edge technology, threat intelligence sources and best practices. We work with rocket scientists and engineers to develop secure and innovate solutions to complex space enterprise problems and to assure mission success of critical national space assets. What You'll Be Doing
This position is available as Cybersecurity Engineer/Architect Level III and Level IVWhat You Need to be Successful
- You will work with cross-functional internal and external teams, train on current and emerging technologies relevant to the Corporation and help build new secure enterprise and cloud environments.
- Architect, develop, implement, maintain, and oversee cybersecurity initiatives and policies to protect the Enterprise, including cloud governance & security.
- Define and communicate enterprise information security requirements, procedures, policies, and standards for acquiring, implementing, and operating new security systems, equipment, software, and other technologies
- Work closely with other departments within IT on corporate technology development to fully secure information, computer, network, and processing systems including approving or recommending security relevant changes to the environment
- Provide input to security policies and practices in accordance with changes in federal acquisition law or various Aerospace contracts
- Participate in strategic security relationships between internal resources and external entities, including government, customers, vendors, and partner organizations to gather threat intelligence and perform a risk-based analysis
- Remain informed on trends and issues in the security industry, including current and emerging technologies, threats, and policies
- Where necessary, provide Tier 3 support to help troubleshoot complex issues and architect new solutions.
Minimum Requirements Level III:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited program in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent field of study or equivalent experience
- Typically, 5 years of experience
- Prior experience securing the Enterprise by approving, implementing, or designing cybersecurity policies in key technologies such as at the network, firewall or application layers.
- Experience with securely designing solutions, based on business requirements
- Ability to translate organizational goals and objectives into actionable plans
- Demonstrated ability to apply IT in solving security and business problems for an Enterprise environment
- Ability to document security best practices and IT security requirements
- Working knowledge of Windows & Linux operating systems
- This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a Top Secret/SCI security clearance, which is issued by the US government. U.S citizenship is required to obtain a security clearance.
Minimum Requirements level IV:Same requirements as level III noted above, in addition to:
How You Can Stand Out
- Typically, 8 or more years of experience
- Ability to perform risk assessments and develop appropriate Enterprise mitigation plans
It would be impressive if you have one or more of these:
- Experience with key cloud technologies, such as AWS, Azure, Docker, Kubernetes or other SaaS products
- Solid knowledge of common IAM technical principles, theories, concepts, and tools.
- Seeks opportunities for process improvement, recommends improvements and contributes to solutions. Demonstrations of the personal initiative are highly regarded.
- Experience with specific IAM and Information security technologies: Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) PKI (Public Key Infrastructure),Single Sign-On, Federated Identity.
- Working knowledge of network security including firewalls, routers, proxies, network sensors and packet capture
- Experience with software defined networking
- Working knowledge of Windows & Linux operating systems
- Experience with Agile methodologies
- Prior experience writing and keeping System Security Plans (SSP's) up to date
- Prior experience gathering threat intelligence and using for threat hunting or threat mitigation purposes
Grade-Based Pay Range
(Min - Mid - Max)
$94,000 - $192,000 - $139,000Ways We Reward Our Employees
During your interview process, our team will provide details of our industry-leading benefits.
Benefits vary and are applicable based on Job Type. A few highlights include:
- Comprehensive health care and wellness plans
- Paid holidays, sick time, and vacation
- Standard and alternate work schedules, including telework options
- 401(k) Plan - Employees receive a total company-paid benefit of 8%, 10%, or 12% of eligible compensation based on years of service and matching contributions; employees are immediately eligible and vested in the plan upon hire
- Flexible spending accounts
- Variable pay program for exceptional contributions
- Relocation assistance
- Professional growth and development programs to help advance your career
- Education assistance programs
- An inclusive work environment built on teamwork, flexibility, and respect
We are all unique, from diverse backgrounds and all walks of life, yet one thing bonds all of us to each other-the belief that we can make a difference. This core belief empowers us to do our best work at The Aerospace Corporation.Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you're an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
. You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law
and the supplement
, as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement