IT Project Manager - Infrastructure Network Location:
Remote - East Coast hours Duration:
6 month contract to hire - could extend Compensation:
$68 per hour Work Requirements:
Authorized to Work in the US Overview:
TekPartners has some of the most sought after Information Technology positions available. As a reputable company in the IT staffing industry, you can trust us to place you in the right position. We currently have an opportunity for an IT Project Manager - Infrastructure NetworkSkillset / Experience:
Our benefits package includes:
- PMP Cert - required
Position Purpose Manages and oversees all aspects of a technology project to ensure it is completed on-time and within budget. Manages scope, cost, schedule, internal staffing and outside vendors, and contractual deliverables. Prepares reports for upper management regarding project status.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities, and Key Accountabilities:
• Manages a small- to medium-scale project from planning to completion by facilitating meetings with project stakeholders. Develops, analyzes, and manages the project plan, schedule, and resource forecast. Manages project financials and provides input and justification for costs and budget impact. Monitors overall project performance against plan and makes adjustments as needed. Identifies and resolves issues. Assists in the request for information and vendor request for proposal processes as directed.
• Manages the work of assigned project team by requesting resources to support project demands. Communicates a clear vision of project goals and objectives to the team. Coordinates team activities to ensure project milestones are achieved. Provides performance feedback to team members as needed.
• Manages, controls, and mitigates project risks by analyzing and identifying trigger events. Establishes contingency plans, anticipates and communicates dependencies affected by ongoing project changes, and recommends ways to mitigate future risks. Influences management to take action on these recommendations.
• Manages the alignment, buy-in, and support of diverse project stakeholders by building and maintaining relationships with internal customers, third party vendors, and senior management. Provides insight and recommendations to Program Managers to assist in the development of project goals, inform the prioritization of deliverables, and facilitate decisions necessary for project delivery.
• Adheres to enterprise project management practices by participating in formal and informal training. Tracks and reports key metrics as appropriate. Gathers, maintains, and communicates lessons learned and feedback to team members, management, and the larger project management community.
• Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or a related field.
• 2+ years of project management experience, including 1+ years of related IT or business experience.
• 4+ years of experience in business analysis.
• 1+ years of experience working on projects involving the implementation of project life cycle methodologies. Career Level Dimensions
• Typically requires BS/BA in a related discipline. Generally 5-8 years of experience in a related field OR MS/MA and generally 3-5 years of experience in a related field. Certification is required in some areas.
• Identifies key barriers/core problems and applies problem solving skills in order to deal creatively with complex situations. Troubleshoots and resolves complex problems. Makes decisions under conditions of uncertainty, sometimes with incomplete information, that produce effective end results.
• Independently performs assignments with instruction limited to the expected results. Determines and develops an approach to solutions. Receives technical guidance only on unusual or complex problems or issues.
• May oversee the completion of projects and assignments, including planning, assigning, monitoring and reviewing progress and accuracy of work, evaluating results, etc. Contributes to employees' professional development but does not have hiring or firing authority. Environmental Job Requirements
• Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Knowledge of the technologies WC is working with, ?SD-WAN (Versa preferred), VOIP Telephony (CISCO UC preferred)
- Basic understanding, ability to interpret and relay technical information/requirements to hand-off to vendors and stakeholders
- Communications skills - verbal and written communication, meeting facilitation.
- ERP related focus with Great Plains, SX.e or Oracle.
- Salesforce experience.
- Comprehensive Medical Benefits
- Competitive Pay, 401K
- Retirement Plan
- And Much More
TekPartners is o ne of the fastest growing private staffing firms in the United States. We are a premier provider of highly qualified IT talent, Workforce Solutions and Business Intelligence Solutions to many enterprise organizations across the nation. As experts in the industry, our team continues to match proven talent to the right job opportunity every day.
TekPartners is an Equal Opportunity Employer.