Cognate Inc is a highly recognized provider of professional IT Consulting services in the US. We are seeking a Salesforce/Apex Developer for one of our direct client.
Our client started as an IP services company in 2004, with a keen focus on efficiency, cost-effectiveness, and continuous improvement through metrics-based processes. They focus on these core values led to the tech-enablement of our offerings even before this buzzword became an industry standard. Over the years, they have developed many internal applications to increase our quality and efficiency, and customer satisfaction. As these systems grew and became more sophisticated, have productized them and offered them to our clients. Today, they serves over 600 clients across the full IP life cycle with the industry's leading products and services. They have around 300 plus employees represent the most IP and tech-savvy individuals in the industry.They do the right things and innovate ceaselessly as a winning team to achieve customer success and employee success.
Job Title: Salesforce/Apex Developer
Location: Los Altos, CA
Job Type: Full Time/Direct Hire with End client
The objective of this role is to be part of our Product Engineering team and contribute to the product development and product enhancement to meet the customer requirements.
As a Salesforce Developer, you will work with a geographically distributed engineering team to design and develop Maxval's flagship product, Symphony: a Salesforce packaged application. Symphony is an Intellectual Property Management Software (IPMS), that is currently in use or being implemented at a marquee list of high profile customers. As an ambitious, self-directed individual, you can work proactively towards agreed targets and goals, while handling challenges and uncertainties. Your curiosity to learn is demonstrated by your up-to-date technical knowledge. You are a team player conversant in agile methodologies and principles, with experience working in a distributed agile development team. You will be working closely with the product management and services teams, to design, develop, test, and deploy changes, enhancements, and new features in Symphony. You will play a leading role in develops practices, source control management, code reviews, and unit testing, guiding team members towards better designs and clean, standardized coding.
As a Salesforce Developer, you will:
- Collaborate with customers, practitioners, internal business groups and product management to design and develop new product features.
- Must be able to discuss requirements with the customer and be able to conceptualize and propose solution architecture.
- Participate in technical discussions, influencing technical decisions and tradeoffs between configuration and customization.
- Prepare design documents including the architecture, APIs, and custom objects.
- Experience managing a Salesforce development team (offshore) in an Agile environment. Familiar with or experience managing sprints in Jira is a plus.
- Utilize SOQL APIs, Apex controllers, Apex Web Services, Apex callouts, and other development tools to build custom functionality.
- Thorough understanding of SFDC governor limits and best practice guidelines for implementing efficient functionality.
- Experience in designing and developing integrations from Force.com to upstream and downstream applications using Force.com API(s).
- Excellent understanding of master data management in Force.com.
- Lead sprint review sessions to enable stakeholders to provide input on work in progress.
- Drive improvements in the team devops and deployment processes.
- Troubleshoot escalated support issues - collecting data, performing analysis on root cause, and implementing short-term fixes and long-term solutions.
- Mentor team members through design reviews, code reviews and ad hoc assistance.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise:
- Bachelor's and/or Master's degree, preferably in CS, or equivalent experience.
- 6+ years of hands-on engineering experience on the Force.com platform.
- 6+ years of experience with Visualforce, Apex, Salesforce Lightning and SOQL.
- Knowledge of best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operational excellence.
- 4+ years of experience in building integrations between systems, developing and calling REST or SOAP APIs.
- Deep technical knowledge of Salesforce products and features, capabilities, best use and how to deploy, including knowledge of the Salesforce platform and ecosystem.
- Experience defining and delivering custom Force.com enterprise applications in a technical role.
- Hands on experience with SSJS, SQL, APIs, Node.JS.
- Experience or Deep technical knowledge in Salesforce Administration.
Certifications - Preferred
- Certified Salesforce Platform Developer
- Certified Salesforce Platform App Builder
- Certifications for Force.com Advanced Development
Principal Applicants Only
Please submit your application with full contact details.
Thanks & Regards,
Samir| Sr. Recruiter | Cognate, Inc.
P: 408 741 6313