Direct Client Requirement
Title: Product Owner
Duration: Contract to Hire.
Location: New York, NY
We are looking for a Product Owner in New York, who in collaboration with the scrum team is responsible for the execution of product roadmap.
- Strong technical product owner skills with technical knowledge of products and systems.
- Ability to adapt in a fast-paced SAFe Agile environment – contribute to Agile ceremonies such as daily standup, retrospectives, team demoes and document business release notes.
- Competent, self-starter with ability to work independently, solve problems and communicate with various stakeholders.
- Manage and analyze business requirements with the ability to prioritize work during changes and conflicts.
- Requirement’s elicitation, analysis, and ability to manage multiple concurrent product initiatives.
- Good analytical skills with the ability to understand data integration points, process workflows from an end-to-end perspective.
- Ability to work with value stream architects, technical SMEs to come up with solutions and ensure that solution meets business needs.
- Ability to analyze, map, translate technical changes to business value and communicate to various stakeholders.
- Be able to define quality user stories focusing on what and why with well-defined acceptance criteria for Engineering team to implement.
- Continuously groom user stories and prioritize team backlog with scrum teams based on business priorities.
- Conduct end-to-end impact analysis, design reviews, test case reviews to ensure that the business vision, goals, and requirements are met.
- Create and maintain high quality requirement artifacts (user stories, process flows, use cases, data mapping sheets, etc.) using various tools (i.e., Rally, Visio, Lucidchart, etc.)
- Coordinate and drive discussions/meetings independently with application users and various IT/business stakeholders (including other POs) to understand business problems, requirements, and goals that the business team need to achieve.
- Experience with enterprise integration with Oracle and cloud implementations.
- Hands on experience working as a technical product owner for Oracle platform.
- Hands on experience working with data engineers.
- Ability to easily understand and converse on technologies such as Oracle, Big Data Hadoop, Cloud, Java, JSON, database concepts (stored procedures, SQL) - hands on development experience not required.
- SQL skills – Should be able to query databases and understand the results
- Data analysis skills
- Be able to communicate/articulate concepts clearly.
- Quick learner - ability to use different sources to learn and assimilate and not need day to day guidance.
- Be able to lead a team without ‘full knowledge.’
- Inquisitive, strong learner and proactive (able to anticipate issues rather than reacting to them)
- Looking for someone who can be a team leader/player not a team boss. Someone who can influence by conviction, not by “because I said so!!”
Background/ Desired Experience
- At least 4 years of relevant product work experience as a Product Owner supporting scrum teams in SAFE Agile environment
- SAFe Product Owner/ Product Manager (POPM) certified
- Experience with clinical health care/pharmacy data and clinical decision support systems
Senior Technical Recruiter
APN Consulting Inc.
Since 2002, APN Consulting has been inspiring success in IT through meaningful connections between employers and candidates. We are trusted by a vast array of companies, from small enterprises to some of the world’s most trusted brands to present the best talent for their contract, contract to hire and full-time positions. To learn more, please visit us online at www.apnconsultinginc.com