Overview Who we are
Imagine working in a place where continuous improvement
is celebrated and rewarded; where fast-paced, high-impact teams come together to positively drive results for one of the largest & most iconic brands in the world.
As the only rapidly growing retailer, you may know us as your friendly neighborhood store. You probably know our familiar name, have seen our pervasive logo, and have tried our highly sought-after products, such as Slurpee® and Big Bite®. "Brain Freeze" is a 7-Eleven registered trademark for our 53-year old Slurpee® and with over 71,100 stores globally (more than any other retailer or food service provider), we sell over 14 million a month.
But there's a lot more to our story and much more left to be written. We are transforming our business, ensuring we are customer obsessed and digitally enabled to seamlessly link our brick and mortar stores with digital products and services.
At 7-Eleven the entrepreneurial spirit
is in our DNA and has been ever since our inception 90+ years ago. It's what drove us to invent the convenience industry in 1927 by envisioning how a simple ice dock could provide household staples such as milk and eggs to better serve the needs of our customers
Today we are redefining convenience and the customer experience
in big ways...we are fundamentally changing our culture and we want talented, innovative, customer obsessed, and entrepreneurial people like you to come make history with us
. How we lead
At 7-Eleven we are guided by our Leadership Principles
. Be Customer Obsessed Be Courageous with Your Point of View Challenge the Status Quo Act Like an Entrepreneur Have an "It Can Be Done" Attitude Do the Right Thing Be Accountable
Each principle has a defined set of behaviors which help guide the 7-Eleven team to Serve Customers and Support Stores. About This Opportunity ResponsibilitiesOverview
7-Eleven's Store technology team is looking for experienced Software Engineer who enjoys collaborating with a team of engineers, designers, and product visionaries in transforming our legacy platform to cloud based platform and innovate on latest technology, create awesome digital products that hundreds of thousands of people experience every day. About the job:
We are looking for a Software engineer, who is proficient with building Applications using Java. Your primary focus will be on developing sophisticated applications using Core Java to be consumed across 7-Eleven. You will coordinate with the rest of the team working on different layers of the infrastructure. Therefore, a commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and quality product is important. About you:
Your areas of expertise span best practices and innovations in the development of digital experiences. You have a passion for hands-on coding, putting the customer first and delivering an exceptional experience through the creation of extendable and re-usable products. You are curious to see where technology and the industry is going and constantly strive to keep up through personal projects and learning. Responsibilities
QualificationsSkills and Qualifications:
- Define the technical requirements that are required to develop the product/feature
- Architect and design the technical solution and implement the solution
- Monitor & validate the Production applications and performance improvement
- Create technical documents to train the Production Support team
- Explore, assess, and prototype new technologies to drive innovation and problem solving
- Partner and collaborate with stakeholders and other technology teams
- Actively engages in product and business discussions with a technical eye for feasibility and adherence to overall roadmaps and architectural strategy.
- Identify and analyze open source/market solutions
- Bachelor's degree or the equivalent in Computer Science, Information Technology
- Expertise in building high performing applications using Java
- Expertise in NoSQL databases like MongoDB, DynamoDB
- Experience working with modern development approaches (containerization, cloud, continuous delivery, micro-services, modular reactive web applications)
- Experience with Point-of-Sale and retail systems is a plus
- Experience working with hardware and IOT devices is a plus
- Strong experience in working with DevOps and Build pipelines
- Expertise in development of Unit Test cases and Testing frameworks and scripting
- Experience working with enterprise technology platforms.
- Strong experience with development methodologies such as SCRUM or XP
- Exposure to a wide range of technologies including enterprise application integration, database design and configuration, web applications, operating platforms, security, and networking.
- Demonstrate strong problem-solving ability and analytical skills
- Strong communication, presentation, and advisory skills
- 8+ years Java development experience
- Experience in building RESTful APIs is a plus.
- Experience with Credit/Debit card payment processing is a plus.
- AWS cloud experience is preferred