Each position will support the Lockheed Martin Space legal team, handling a variety of legal issues in support of more senior attorneys. The roles will entail some or all of the following: regulatory interpretation; government and commercial contracting; litigation support; intellectual property; subcontracting; and employment matters. Work will vary from legal research to review and revision of licenses and contracts, to assisting in the development of solutions to complex legal and business problems.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a collegial office environment while working closely with experienced practitioners on sophisticated matters, often of national importance.
The role entails approximately 20% travel.
This person must be able to obtain a Secret Clearance. Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet and maintain eligibility requirements for access to classified information. US citizenship required.
- J.D. degree from an accredited law school
- A member in good standing of a state bar
- Minimum of five years of relevant work experience with the U.S. government, a nationally recognized law firm, or a corporation in a highly-regulated industry
- Demonstrated record of successful performance and increasing levels of responsibility
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Excellent legal research, writing, and oral communication skills
- Detail-orientation and strong analytical abilities
- Ability to manage competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Resourcefulness and sound judgment
- Creative mindset and willingness to take ownership of projects
- Commitment to ethical behavior and ability to function well in a diverse and inclusive environment
- Dedication to quality and high performance standards in all work tasks
- Commitment to contributing as part of a high-performing team
- Ability to obtain security clearance
- Ability to travel
Ten years of relevant legal work experience
Experience in the aerospace or security industry
Experience with dispute resolution and litigation
Active security clearance