Title: Windows Systems Engineer
Location: QUINCY, MA (must be vaccinated; this is 2-3 days onsite)
Start Date: ASAP
Duration: 6 months to start (estimated over 12 months total)
Our client is a Telecommunications company, with a government contract. The initiative is a renewal for ATO, and they need to get all DB systems compliant/updated.
Summary of the position:
Our client is seeking a Senior Systems Engineer whose primary focus will be on the stability, integrity, and efficient operation of IT information systems that support core organizational functions. This is achieved by monitoring, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing all networked hardware, software, and associated operating systems. The Senior Systems Engineer will apply proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help identify, communicate, and resolve issues in order to maximize the benefit of IT systems investments. The Senior Systems Engineer will be a subject matter expert in Microsoft, VMware, Storage and ideally Linux systems. They will be responsible for the design, implementation, and ongoing operations of the storage environments.
- Monitor and test system performance; prepare and deliver system performance statistics and reports.
- Gauge the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems; develop and implement strategies for improving or further leveraging these systems.
- Assist with the integration of servers, including database, e-mail, print, and backup servers and their associated software into enterprise systems. Ensure system connectivity of all servers, shared software, groupware, and other applications.
- Create and maintain documentation as it relates to system configuration, connectivity, mapping, processes, and service records.
- Assist with and provide training to team members on differing areas of technology as well as our environment.
- Group policy management
- Ability to work independently when needed to research best practices & implement new customer requirements.
- Windows server 2008/2012/2016/2019, including installation, configuration, patching, and system modification.
- Red Hat Linux, Oracle Linux installation, configuration, and system modification
- Configuration of Active Directory, Group Policy, DNS, and DHCP
- Hands-on experience with VMware vSphere 5.x and 6.x including ESXi and vCenter builds, creating new servers, and troubleshooting.
- In-depth understanding of Storage Area Networks, including solutions from EMC (VxBlock, VxRail, VMAX, Data Domain), etc.
- Ability and willingness to undergo additional background screening necessary for working with US Government customers
- Bachelor's Degree in IT related major preferred and/or Related technical certifications
- O365, Exchange, SCCM, and Azure
- Veeam and Backup Exec experience.
- Cisco UCS experience
- Experience in overseeing the design, development, and implementation of software systems, applications, and related products
- Expert hardware troubleshooting experience
- Experience with Disaster recovery and Business Continuity planning and implementation