Summary and Scope
The Application Architect will be responsible for defining the solution and technically leading large programs to success.
• Develop flexible, adaptable, modular, and reusable business solution architecture designs in collaboration with product delivery and operational support teams.
• Work with project managers and engineers to ensure alignment of program deliverables to a defined solution
• Work with developers closely to review code, enforce best practices, debug critical issues, and conduct performance testing to deliver efficient and performant applications.
• Responsible for identifying technology risk and corresponding mitigation strategies
• Implement appropriate solution architecture governance processes and tools while maintaining a key focus on design patterns and technology standards.
• Act as an enabler of Agile and DevOps practices in collaboration with product delivery and operational support teams.
• Explore, evaluate and promote technology innovation within the enterprise.
• Evaluate, learn, and assist teams with open-source technology solutions.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Bachelor's Degree, Computer Science or Engineering degrees preferred
• Hands-on Architect who is comfortable working with engineers at code/detailed design level.
• Ability to guide and mentor development teams on sound design and coding principles, best practices in API-based, Micro Services, and Cloud environments.
• Ability to work with development teams closely together to review code, debug issues, and conduct performance testing to build efficient and performant applications.
• Experience in application modularisation and modernization including the adoption of Micro Service Architecture models
• Experience in Integration Architectures from Service Bus to API Mediation and Event Bus models
• Experience in cloud solution design and implementation of IaaS, PaaS and SaaS and hybrid models
• Ability to abstract up to harvest patterns and articulate design decisions with the senior audience (CIO level)
• Extensive knowledge and experience of underwriting platform architectures, from the blueprint to solution design and implementation
• Experience in Information Security and Risk Management
• Understanding of platform design and technology considerations to build out an ecosystem for producers and consumers
• Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing and to interact effectively with internal and external individuals.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing and to interact effectively with internal and external stakeholders.
• Strong business acumen, instinct, and understanding of products, risk appetite, and niches.
• Track record of high achievement in a team-based and results-oriented culture
• Proven track record in relationship-building and driving change in a matrixed work environment.
• Demonstrated passion and ability to leverage technology to evolve and meet client needs
• Exceptional analytical and critical thinking skills, with thorough attention to detail.
• Excellent planning, documentation, and problem-solving skills.
• Project management ability and drive-for-results orientation.