This is an opportunity to work at a world famous, federally funded research & development organization with a great culture.
They are seeking an experienced Communication Engineer to support several programs involving communications, optics, optical turbulence mitigation, precise pointing control systems, embedded systems, command, control, design and fabrication,data analysis, modelling and simulation.
You will be working as a W2 employee of Minuteman Group, one of the oldest recruiting and staffing companies in New England.
Position Scope/Job Functions
- Prototype new concepts, participate in the development of systems, and provide support to deployed systems.
- Work includes embedded software design, code implementation and testing to support a variety of high-fidelity software-in-the-loop and hardware-in-the-loop prototypes.
- Candidate will participate in developing cross platform, distributed and multi-processor object oriented code for embedded applications.
- Requires understanding of object oriented analysis and design in addition to programming language skills in C and C++.
- Good communication skills: willingness to listen to the needs of engineers and the ability to articulate solutions to engineers in other disciplines who possess little understanding of embedded software systems.
- Experience developing embedded software for communication systems through the complete life-cycle from requirements analysis, design, implementation, integration and test.
- Experience developing drivers and support software for custom-designed hardware boards.
- Experience developing C/C++ software for a real-time operating system (RTOS) such as vxWorks.
- A fundamental understanding of digital logic design is preferred.
- Familiarity with or prior experience designing for multi-core ARM processor architectures.
- Experience designing for high-reliability applications.
- Experience developing Board Support Packages (BSP) for microprocessors to be used in configuration and controlling FPGAs.
- Experience with event based control loops and state machines.
- Familiarity with developing software interfaces supporting data transfer over Ethernet, especially for network booting using Trivial File Transfer Protocol (TFTP) or similar is highly desired.
Education: PhD plus 5 years minimum experience, or MS plus 8 years minimum experience.
Work Authorization: US Citizenship is required.
"We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law."