- Plans and designs security architecture and solutions by evaluating security technologies; developing requirements for applications, OS, data in motion and data at rest; designs maintainable security solutions, including access administration, public key infrastructures (PKIs), data leakage and information protection as well as COTS hardware and software; adhering to industry standards and frameworks
- Validates security requirements by evaluating business strategies and requirements; researching information security standards; conducting system security and vulnerability analyses and risk assessments; studying architecture/platform; identifying integration issues; when needed preparing cost estimates.
- Enhances existing design and competence by planning delivery of solutions; answering technical and procedural questions for less experienced team members; teaching improved processes; mentoring team members.
- Participates in enterprise advisory boards and committees, providing architecture review and process ownership for security architecture review processes for new and existing vendor and user-developed technologies.
- Assesses security threats and vulnerabilities using structured methodologies such as TOGAF or SABSA or using NIST Cybersecurity Framework and ISO 27001. Create process improvement by identifying inefficiencies and solutions for process improvements.
- Prepare and maintain security policies, standards operating procedures and associated documentation.
- Prepares system security reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends; presents reporting for management review.
- Works with IT and Security teams on placement and configuration of key monitoring and prevention tools, including implementation procedures and validation solutions match design.
- Experience evaluating, designing and implementing Cloud architecture designs and patterns in multi-cloud and hybrid cloud environments.
- Wide breadth of knowledge across security products, tools, and industry trends; ability to create solutions using a pragmatic, risk-based approach.
- Experience with SDLC methodologies, especially related to Secure SDLC, dynamic and static code analysis and application threat modeling.
- Has a strong awareness of virtualization, container and cloud solution design models, both from an on-premises and SaaS/PaaS perspective
- Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to business strategies and objectives.
Consults on a senior level and provides professional support for major components of the company's information security infrastructure. Contributes to the development and implementation of security architecture, standards, procedures and guidelines for multiple platforms in diverse system environments. Consults with the business and operational infrastructure personnel regarding new and existing technologies. Recommends new security tools to management and reports and provides guidance and expertise in their implementation. Reviews and analyzes highly complex data and information to provide insights, conclusions and actionable recommendations. Defines, implements, and applies area-wide security and/or COB policies and standards by leveraging in-depth knowledge of globally accepted information security and/or COB principles. Addresses high risk security concerns or incidents. Recommends course of action to mitigate risk and ensures that appropriate standards are established and published. Contributes to the achievement of area objectives. Qualifications:
General Preferred Skills
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, advanced degree preferred
- 10-12 years of experience in information security or related technology experience required
- Experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus
- Experience in running Permit To Build, Design and Operate models at a securities or financial services firm
- CISSP (CISSP:ISSAP is a plus), GIAC, GSEC, CEH, OSCP or equivalent certifications as appropriate
- CCSP or CCSK. Cloud security knowledge. AWS or Azure certifications acceptable
- Knowledge of ITIL or other ITSM methodology or certification a plus
- Strong knowledge of networking concepts and architecture, including security considerations associated with networking hardware like Routers, Switches, Firewalls, Gateways etc.
- Prior experience in emerging networking areas, including Software Defined Networking (SDN) strongly desired
- Understanding of malware, emerging threats, attacks, and vulnerability management
- Solid understanding of Operating system security concepts
- Strong deductive reasoning, critical thinking, problem solving, and prioritization skills
- Experience assisting the development and maintenance of tools, procedure, and documentation
- Track record of effective project management and project delivery
- Strong service mentality including the resolution of stakeholder escalations and incident management
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment
- Ability to develop detailed process and procedure documentation
- Ability to present complex solutions and methods to both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Excellent written and verbal communication and organizational skills
- Strong team player who collaborates well with others to solve problems
- Strong interpersonal, problem solving, and communication skill
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.